Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Thank you!

Posted by on Sep. 21, 2013 at 9:40 PM
  • 4 Replies
3 moms liked this

Last week I posted a very long venting post about homeschooling my teen. 

It was refreshing to see the positive feedback that I recieved from everyone! It was the first time since we started to homeschool that I got feedback. Now I feel refreshed enough to continue on this wonderful journey. On friday we got a breakthrough on fractions and decimals!!! It was amazing, it was like a lightbulb went off in his head when I explained it like I did and showed him the examples and explained them step by step. He even said OMG that was so easy. <3 it!

by on Sep. 21, 2013 at 9:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
WizardOfAhs
by Member on Sep. 21, 2013 at 11:12 PM

Isn't that a great feeling? That moment it all clicks....and yes, these ladies are truly a caring bunch =)

I have thought about ranting on here myself about my teen, but after reading all the responses to your post, I felt better. I think we are going to have an interesting time until graduation, that's for sure. I just had to ground him from all electronics until he finishes the book I assigned him that was due Friday. I feel like crap, really. He just keeps digging himself in deeper, and I can't seem to get him out of it.

I have a feeling the really BIG 'I get it' moment won't happen until he moves out and has kids of his own! 

JerrysMom2011
by on Sep. 22, 2013 at 1:16 AM

This week will prove to be an interseting week but this week his essay his due on hades and posideon. He choose to write about those two..the orginal assignment was choose one greek god, write 2 pages, both draft and final so he can learn how to edit his writing etc. well......thursday its due..and he has nothing. i have told him everyday that he needs to work on it, i have written twice on our white board. he knows its due.....so come thursday if its not done, he too will be grounded. I have spoken to him many many times, and told him the consenqunces of not taking it seriously...so this week is lesson learned. 

message me anytime you want to vent or bounce ideas off!

Quoting WizardOfAhs:

Isn't that a great feeling? That moment it all clicks....and yes, these ladies are truly a caring bunch =)

I have thought about ranting on here myself about my teen, but after reading all the responses to your post, I felt better. I think we are going to have an interesting time until graduation, that's for sure. I just had to ground him from all electronics until he finishes the book I assigned him that was due Friday. I feel like crap, really. He just keeps digging himself in deeper, and I can't seem to get him out of it.

I have a feeling the really BIG 'I get it' moment won't happen until he moves out and has kids of his own! 

ablackdolphin
by Bronze Member on Sep. 22, 2013 at 9:19 AM
Yay!!!!!! So happy for you and him!!! Love rhe support and info from this grp!
oredeb
by debbie on Sep. 22, 2013 at 4:45 PM

yea!!!!!!!!!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)