Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Good idea or bad idea..

Posted by on Sep. 22, 2013 at 6:25 PM
  • 8 Replies

Okay so my son has to learn all about Canada for Social studies so I am going to get him to do a project (lap book if I can remember how to make them you know that thing with folders)

For each Province and Territroy (spelt right of course I am just exhausted) to show each Flower, Animal, Capital, some fun facts about it, some fun "must sees or must eats or must dos"

What do you think...then have him map it out (will count for his mapping skills too)

Is that going over board??

by on Sep. 22, 2013 at 6:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
KrissyKC
by Silver Member on Sep. 22, 2013 at 6:32 PM

Not at all too much, it's an awesome plan.   Lap books are fun.

Also remember to pay attention to the regions geographically.   Like how much of the population lives on the lower what 1/3 or 1/4th of candada and what life would be like in the upper regions... in the extreme cold.

My kids have enjoyed actual pictures of canada.   For example, we found a picture of a barn that is built into a hill because it keeps the animals warmer and is easier to keep from freezing during the cold season.

Knightquester
by Bronze Member on Sep. 22, 2013 at 6:33 PM

I don't think so.  We're also doing lapbooking for our History/Social Studies (United States for us) this year.  My children enjoy the fact it's more engaging and hands on than a boring text book and workbook.

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Sep. 22, 2013 at 6:55 PM

I think that sounds great!

kmath
by Silver Member on Sep. 22, 2013 at 8:11 PM

I don't think it is too much!  Sounds like a great project and a great way to learn about Canada!

QueenCreole313
by Julia on Sep. 22, 2013 at 8:15 PM
I like it!
Connorsmommy13
by Member on Sep. 22, 2013 at 8:19 PM

Any one remember how to make a flap book someone had a great one with folders....

oredeb
by debbie on Sep. 23, 2013 at 9:58 AM

sounds fun to me connorsmom!!!

MotoStar
by Echo on Sep. 23, 2013 at 10:21 AM

I think it sounds great!

Domain of the Mad Mommy
(rambling about kids, cooking and life)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)