Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Super Coder Mom Disrupts K12 Education System With New Online Homeschool Platform, Palomar K12

Posted by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 3:21 PM
BJ
  • 10 Replies

Super Coder Mom Disrupts K12 Education System With New Online Homeschool Platform, Palomar K12

New online learning platform and curriculum, Palomar K12, makes it easy for students and parents to homeschool. Seasoned entrepreneur, Sheri Wells, who developed one of the first SMS text messaging gateways has now created an online and mobile accessible homeschool platform for kindergarten through twelfth grade. READ THE REST HERE

by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 3:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 3:25 PM

I think I am going to create an account for my son to check it out.  Since it is not a public school we do not have to commit to anything. 

WizardOfAhs
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 3:59 PM
1 mom liked this

Sounds great, but I think I will wait for more information. I would have liked a FAQ section to answer my questions, such as 'will the child have to commit to all subjects, or can they just do the arts'? 

Besides, I am becoming more and more leery of putting my homeschooling info out there on the internet, and having people keep track of it. Ack, is my paranoia showing?

usmom3
by BJ on Sep. 23, 2013 at 4:12 PM
2 moms liked this

I am not a fan of any programs or boxed curriculum but I know it is something that others want to know about & so I shared the link only to help others learn about it not to promote it in any way!

Quoting WizardOfAhs:

Sounds great, but I think I will wait for more information. I would have liked a FAQ section to answer my questions, such as 'will the child have to commit to all subjects, or can they just do the arts'? 

Besides, I am becoming more and more leery of putting my homeschooling info out there on the internet, and having people keep track of it. Ack, is my paranoia showing?

debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 4:24 PM

They just asked for my email and my son's first name.  From the looks of it is we can pick and choose what parts you want to do or not.  We are ahead of where they are for kindegarten and I do not see a way to change that part. 

mem82
by Platinum Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 5:34 PM

Interesting

Codysmom2106
by Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 9:00 PM

Just signed up for it. Going to play around with it and check it out some.

debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 9:30 PM

Playing with it, I do not see the benifit for my older children.  It may be good for someone elses kids.

rcmama122
by New Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 11:56 PM

I signed up and was browsing the lessons for the first day. I found TWO grammatical errors!

gummibear
by Member on Sep. 24, 2013 at 1:12 AM

I went and signed up too, so I can check it out for dd 5. I was just looking around and went into the research center. I clicked on the solar system link. I don't use wikipedia for research, but that is where I went. Just so y'all know.

jadedcynic
by on Sep. 24, 2013 at 6:24 AM

The "article" is simply a press release, probably written by someone from a content mill like Textbroker. I looked at the fifth grade assignments and a lot of them are Youtube and Wikipedia based. The art assignment is a youtube tutorial on how to draw a chibi anime girl. Honestly, not real impressed. Maybe if you use this as a base and go much more in-depth, but really not very good quality.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN