Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

OT: What are your favorite fall outings?

Posted by on Sep. 24, 2013 at 11:13 AM
  • 7 Replies

Sorry for the off topic subject, but after last weeks field trip to the orchard, I started thinking of all the different places I'd like to take them now that it is fall.

We want to do a corn maze and hayride. I have even heard of haunted hayrides, but I think that would be more for adults rather than kids.

What are some of your favorite fall or seasonal outings?

by on Sep. 24, 2013 at 11:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
usmom3
by BJ on Sep. 24, 2013 at 11:28 AM

We go to the corn maze & my kids love to go to the park in the fall more so then in the summer because it is cooler & empty!

Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on Sep. 24, 2013 at 12:03 PM
We haven't done a pumpkin patch in years. The kids were saying they were too old...lol Maybe we will do one this year. There is a nice one not too far from us and they have a corn maze, tram ride around the farm and petting zoo, as well as a fresh farmers market with fruits n veggies.

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Sep. 24, 2013 at 1:46 PM

Hayrides, corn mazes.  We do the Haunted Hills Estate which is a walk through a farm with cool zombie stuff.  They give the kids a glow bracelet and if they get scared by anything they are to lift it up and whatever is there will walk away.  They are very good about it.  Only one thing scared them last year, this zombie made this horrible death rattle and did not leave when they shook the glow stick and it didn't go away.  It made me angry and I told the owner.  We got to go the next week for free to a different option (the forest tour).  The kids are now begging to go (it hasn't opened yet).

oredeb
by on Sep. 24, 2013 at 5:21 PM

we do a cornmaze and fall crafts place,

we go to a farm that has a festival with a maze, crafts, animals, food, etc

hayrides, we like to go on hikes and draw or take pictures of the changing things around us, thats probably our favorite  outings, we take our lunch, and an umbrella, our packs with our drawing stuff, magnifying glasses, bird book, plant book, and footprint book

JadensMommy2
by Member on Sep. 24, 2013 at 5:39 PM

We are going apple picking this weekend.  Our schedule is completely full for October.  We go our local zoo for their Halloween event, super fun.  Last year we discovered this place that decorated thousands of pumpkins, it our new family tradition.  

MotoStar
by Echo on Sep. 24, 2013 at 6:08 PM

The apple orchard

Pumpkin patch

Corn maze

Nature walks where there are lots of trees

Domain of the Mad Mommy
(rambling about kids, cooking and life)

No_Difference
by Silver Member on Sep. 24, 2013 at 6:54 PM

I LOVE walking the trails at Harpers Ferry and Anteitam in the fall. Such pretty colors and even though it can be a hike, it's always peacful too. I've been postponing our "school picture" until the leaves change colors so we can get them done out on a hike then :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)