Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Feeling really stupid, tell his teacher or google it?

Posted by on Sep. 26, 2013 at 1:34 AM
  • 7 Replies

My DS is in grade 3 first year homeschooling the science is going to be the death of me. Its all about stable structures and functions of Mechanisms its telling me to read this certain poem in a "rap rhythem" then get him to snap his fingers to it. What does that mean??

Should I email his teacher I am working with or just suck it up and study it all more.

There is more just hard to type it all here...just seems kinda strange the way they worded it for this age.

by on Sep. 26, 2013 at 1:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
mem82
by Platinum Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 5:22 AM

I would youtube a few videos on whatever it is he is supposed to be learning. I'm sure once you get going on what he is learning, you'll figure out his homework. That does sound odd, though.

As far as the rap rhythm, it sounds like you are supposed to read it to a beat, and he is supposed to snap along. It doesn't have to be Snoop Dogg er Lion, lol, it just shouldn't be monotone. 8)

Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on Sep. 26, 2013 at 5:37 AM
1 mom liked this
Lots of things are more fun and easier to memorize when put to a beat.

Aka make a rap song.out of it. Snapping includes touch so makes it multisensory learning.

Be silly, have fun with it.
usmom3
by BJ on Sep. 26, 2013 at 11:28 AM

I would look it up first & if I still didn't understand it then I would contact the teacher about it.

irvinehiker
by Andrea on Sep. 26, 2013 at 3:51 PM
Oh goodness LOL! That does seem a bit unusual. I would google/bing/youtube it and figure out some ideas on how to do that. Let your son help you with the research process. It will be a good learning process for both of you.
oredeb
by on Sep. 26, 2013 at 4:17 PM

you can do it connorsmom!! figure it out!! nothing like mom trying to rap!

Connorsmommy13
by Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 5:23 PM

Quoting oredeb:

Thanks I know learned something else...Hot tea hurts coming out the nose...we worked on something else for Science today...I will make a fool out of my self tommrow "raping"

oredeb
by on Sep. 26, 2013 at 8:35 PM

hahahahahhahahahahahaha!!! i understand!~

Quoting Connorsmommy13:

Quoting oredeb:

Thanks I know learned something else...Hot tea hurts coming out the nose...we worked on something else for Science today...I will make a fool out of my self tommrow "raping"

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)