Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It's Friday! What are your weekend plans?

Posted by on Sep. 27, 2013 at 8:10 AM
  • 17 Replies

???

by on Sep. 27, 2013 at 8:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kmath
by Silver Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 8:14 AM

DS's birthday is on Sunday so we are packing up and getting his best friend and going to spend the weekend with my parents.  We are going to do a Behind the Scenes tour at the Aquarium there.  This was all his choice for his birthday.  Plus my twin nephews have a birthday party on Saturday that we are going to as well.  Gonna be a pretty busy weekend!

mem82
by Platinum Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 8:16 AM
1 mom liked this

Mmmmm Birthday Cake two days in a row!!

Quoting kmath:

DS's birthday is on Sunday so we are packing up and getting his best friend and going to spend the weekend with my parents.  We are going to do a Behind the Scenes tour at the Aquarium there.  This was all his choice for his birthday.  Plus my twin nephews have a birthday party on Saturday that we are going to as well.  Gonna be a pretty busy weekend!

kmath
by Silver Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 8:17 AM

LOL, actually only one day.  DS doesn't like cake so we are doing a cookie cake for his birthday. 

Quoting mem82:

Mmmmm Birthday Cake two days in a row!!

Quoting kmath:

No_Difference
by Silver Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 8:29 AM

I was going to go take the kids to enjoy a fee free day at Harpers Ferry, but the darn doctors still haven't called me back if I can walk on my darn ankle yet, or if I'm stuck like this for (pardon the dramatics) forever until a surgery date is scheduled (if I could live without this tendon that would be okay too!). I got the MRI done Monday, found out Wed, the doc office still didn't have the scans...I think they're trying to torture me. At this rate though, I'll be back on Monday because the dumb air cast is causing more issues (in my opinion) than helping... I'm also so tired of living in a perpetual dump... Next time (if there ever is) I end up injuring myself to where I'm in any kind of cast, or unable to be at top function...I'm going on vacation, and leaving the kids with trusted family/friends.... I don't think a single one of them has learned there is a dishwasher (despite that being Jamie's chore for the day), a vacuum, or a washing machine, or a broom or mop, or learned how to put toilet paper on the toilet paper holder. I am under the firm belief they are trying to off by placing as many thigns on the stairs they can and we have 2 flights I have to hobble up down on crutches every day :(. I've yet to eat something that isn't deliver, or something that doesn't make my stomach want to reject it just by smell.... If I get the all clear...I am deep cleaning this house and making a months worth of food...
Sunday though - a group of neighbors and I are going to a Flea Market and setting up a table to try and sell some of our crap that didn't sell at our flop of a yard sale.

jen2150
by Silver Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 9:00 AM

I am teaching at co-op today.  We are on our last class of Chess today.    No big plans this weekend.  I like to keep my weekends fairly free.  We are so busy during the week.  We have some good things planned the coming week.  

mem82
by Platinum Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 9:58 AM

Yeah, my house can go to Hell in a handbasket in about 2 days without me. LOL

Your misery was pretty funny to read, though, no offense. ;)

Quoting No_Difference:

I was going to go take the kids to enjoy a fee free day at Harpers Ferry, but the darn doctors still haven't called me back if I can walk on my darn ankle yet, or if I'm stuck like this for (pardon the dramatics) forever until a surgery date is scheduled (if I could live without this tendon that would be okay too!). I got the MRI done Monday, found out Wed, the doc office still didn't have the scans...I think they're trying to torture me. At this rate though, I'll be back on Monday because the dumb air cast is causing more issues (in my opinion) than helping... I'm also so tired of living in a perpetual dump... Next time (if there ever is) I end up injuring myself to where I'm in any kind of cast, or unable to be at top function...I'm going on vacation, and leaving the kids with trusted family/friends.... I don't think a single one of them has learned there is a dishwasher (despite that being Jamie's chore for the day), a vacuum, or a washing machine, or a broom or mop, or learned how to put toilet paper on the toilet paper holder. I am under the firm belief they are trying to off by placing as many thigns on the stairs they can and we have 2 flights I have to hobble up down on crutches every day :(. I've yet to eat something that isn't deliver, or something that doesn't make my stomach want to reject it just by smell.... If I get the all clear...I am deep cleaning this house and making a months worth of food...
Sunday though - a group of neighbors and I are going to a Flea Market and setting up a table to try and sell some of our crap that didn't sell at our flop of a yard sale.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 9:58 AM

Thursday and Fridays tend to be our slow day.

Quoting jen2150:

I am teaching at co-op today.  We are on our last class of Chess today.    No big plans this weekend.  I like to keep my weekends fairly free.  We are so busy during the week.  We have some good things planned the coming week.  

No_Difference
by Silver Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 10:27 AM
1 mom liked this

Lol. No offense taken.  I am at least able to see the humor in all of this too :)

Quoting mem82:

Yeah, my house can go to Hell in a handbasket in about 2 days without me. LOL

Your misery was pretty funny to read, though, no offense. ;)

Quoting No_Difference:

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
coala
by Silver Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 10:38 AM

Today....work and getting the kids to be a little productive.

Tomorrow we have skating lessons in the morning at 915 (next week they will earlier as they are moving my youngest up a level which means 830 lessons), home around 1230 for lunch, and then back to the rink for speed skating practice and booth camp for the oldest and Daddy at 4.  Hopefully we will be home by 730 for dinner and baths.

Sunday we have to be at the rink at 930 again for speed skating practice and bootcamp .....if all goes as planned I want a nap.  I will then do laundry and catch up on my cleaning before the week begins again.

coala
by Silver Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 10:39 AM

Happy Birthday to your son!!!

Quoting kmath:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)