Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

It's the end of September: How was your first month of schooling?

Posted by   + Show Post

Ladies who have been at it for a while longer, how's it rolling along?

by on Sep. 27, 2013 at 10:23 AM
Replies (21-30):
Precious333
by Julia on Sep. 29, 2013 at 2:54 AM
I think if anyone has read my posts you would know its been stressful.....but we made it and the kids still love me! Lol
debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 2:45 PM

We have been at this since August 12th.  The last two months have been a trial, because we have not found a good schedule because my sister has continually been sick and I have had a few health problems as well.  Hopefully now we will all be better this next month and we will get into a good schedule.

paganbaby
by Silver Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 3:51 PM

We're still trying to find our HS legs,lol. It's a fun journey so far though. Thank Bob for patient kids!

tonyanamelia
by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 6:45 PM

I am new to this site but I have been homeschooling for 5 years. Before that, I taught in a middleschool. I really enjoy homeschooling my children. But with 3 kids (6, 3, and a 1 years old), I feel like we'll have to do the slow approach this year. Basically homeschooling all days except for weekends, including most of the summer, taking breaks whenever needed. It's working good so far though, so we aren't behind yet. ;) 

oredeb
by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 6:57 PM

first day of school today, went good, except the printer decided not to work, but otherwise fun! everyones eager and happy to get started, also sad and missing their sister,

the older kids(highschool) are eager to start coding(usmoms post) one of the kids found this great site of all kinds of different codes, html etc to master before going on to the next step, and they are building a webpage as they go to each step. neat!

the 2 newest kids(3 and 5) are so eager to get right in there! so fun to teach at this age,3 yr old just follows what his sister does, but the oldest  wants to learn everything!!

mem82
by Platinum Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 7:55 PM
Can you link me to the code thing?
My printer likes to go on the frentz every once in a while

Quoting oredeb:

first day of school today, went good, except the printer decided not to work, but otherwise fun! everyones eager and happy to get started, also sad and missing their sister,

the older kids(highschool) are eager to start coding(usmoms post) one of the kids found this great site of all kinds of different codes, html etc to master before going on to the next step, and they are building a webpage as they go to each step. neat!

the 2 newest kids(3 and 5) are so eager to get right in there! so fun to teach at this age,3 yr old just follows what his sister does, but the oldest  wants to learn everything!!

motheroffour186
by Bronze Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 10:59 PM

It is a little crazy trying to figure with my son since he is in 9th grade I am have a lot a problems third guessing (not second guessing)myself.

mamamedic69
by Deanna on Sep. 30, 2013 at 11:30 PM
Being new to this whole thing, I think things are going very well. My dd is loving learning. She gets up and wants to start her schoolwork.

She is progressing nicely in learning to read. She is doing okay with her writing but she gets upset if she can't do it. So I'm working on trying different techniques to help with those skills.
kirbymom
by Sonja on Sep. 30, 2013 at 11:47 PM
Slow slow slow slow slow! lol
JerrysMom2011
by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 12:59 PM

That sounds like most of my mornings LOL

Quoting KrissyKC:

I'm feeling pretty crappy about it at the moment.   We are having a bad morning.   The kids aren't getting anything done, lying about doing stuff, doing everything super molassassy slow....

We haven't started any official school work yet... we are just trying to function this morning for some reason.

The baby is throwing constant scream-fits... argh... can I go back to bed and start over?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN