Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

We are a few months into our homeschooling year, and I haven't added science and history yet.  I work 32 hours a week, so we homeschool in the evenings, Fridays and Saturdays.  I've been mainly focused on the main subjects, and even though I've purchased a great history and science curriculum, we can't seem to find the time (or energy) to do it!!!  They do get some of it on Time4Learning, and in every day life, Netflix videos, etc, but that's about it.  Do you think that's enough??  I

by on Sep. 28, 2013 at 11:32 AM
Replies (11-14):
KrissyKC
by Silver Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 3:20 PM

Do you plan to take a break for the summer?   What about science over the summer?

rsrangel
by Bronze Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 3:26 PM
Yes, we do take summer breaks. Hmmmm.....I like this idea. Thanks!

Quoting KrissyKC:

Do you plan to take a break for the summer?   What about science over the summer?

hipmomto3
by Bronze Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 9:40 PM

We do tons of history in elementary, but it ties into other areas - language arts (writing about ___ ), art, social studies, etc. But the curriculum we use is very history-heavy (Sonlight). We don't do a whole lot of science, and it's something I really need to work on. I often feel like there are just not enough hours in the day to cover all the subject areas I'd LIKE to cover! And so sometimes I have to take a 'break' from one good thing, to work in time for a different, good thing. It's all good, but just too much. We have recently taken a break from language arts types drills - which are important - to free up some time to work on Spanish. We'll go back to L.A.,  I'm sure, but for now, it's good to work something else into the mix. So I think even if you mix it up and spend a week working on a science topic, then don't cover science again for awhile, it all evens out. 

Christie1952
by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 12:50 PM

Watch PBS. Study the Constitution. Yoy can pick up Nova on the internet by going tp PBS.com/nova

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)