Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms
Ok ladies I need help creating a weekly menu with some sort of rhythm to it. This will help me with shopping and the less I have to think the better.

This is what I have so far:
Taco Tuesdays
Pizza Wednesday
Seafood saturday

Any ideas for the other days? Help!
Am I the only one who does this?
by on Sep. 28, 2013 at 2:27 PM
Replies (11-20):
paganbaby
by Silver Member on Sep. 28, 2013 at 11:43 PM

So saving this!

Quoting oredeb:

no your not the only one who does this! ive been making menus for the last 30 years! mine are for 2 weeks at a time.

a few ideas

meatloaf w/ bbq sauce on top- mashed potatoes, green beans, salad

chili- corn bread or taco shells- sour cream, cheese, salsa

spheggetti and meatballs or no meatballs- green salad, garlic bread,

chili potatoes w/ toppings: cheese, sour cream, olives, salsa, tomatoes, onions, etc

shepherds pie- green salad, rolls

roasted chicken-mashed potatoes, gravy, veg, bread

grilled chicken breast-can be made into grilled sandwiches, make some fries, or baked beans or potato salad

teriyaki chicken- grilled or ovened or fried-fried rice, chinese salad

stuffed peppers- green salad,

potato soup- rolls

stew- bread or rolls

navaho bread tacos-green salad

lasagna- green salad, garlic bread,

hamb gravy- fried or mashed potatoes, veg, green salad

fajitias- whatevers left in the garden, flour shells, salsa

coconut shrimp- green salad, pineapple fried rice

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

ablackdolphin
by Bronze Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 8:44 AM
Taco soup, tater tot casserole, steamed veggies rice and grilled chicken, whole roasting chicken use leftovers for chicken fried rice
Mommynay2
by Bronze Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 8:50 AM
I'm having baked chicken Monday, I didn't write my menu plan for this week. I just have my intentions so far, I know Wednesday will be a crockpot day. Friday we usually have pizza.
MommaMeemee
by on Sep. 29, 2013 at 9:21 AM

I Have themes set up for each day of the week, like Pizza, Chinese home made, Mexican, Pasta/Italian, Casserole, Homestyle and BBQ.

I just rotate out recipes for the days and it make menu planning so much quicker!

Chasing3
by Bronze Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 9:37 AM

i try to do this every week too. It helps with shopping and konwing in advance what I need to cook. I can't stand to cook.

I often get a rotisserie chicken from the supermarket one night, then use the leftovers in tacos or quesidillas for the kids the next night. Or I make soup out of the carcass.

I make this super esay lasagne out of ravioli and usually put spinach in it and some crumbled up sausage or something.

Some nights I make an omlet - their idea of an omlet is just egg and cheese, so I use it as a opportunity to put veggies in that they normally don't want to eat.

They love french toast for dinner once in a while.

I make turkey burgers or turkey meatloaf.

Sometimes I make a rice dish with chopped up veggies and diced chicken.

I try to get them to eat a lot of vegetables. It's hard!

Molimomma
by Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 10:52 AM

There's only 3 of us so usually when I menu plan we end up eating leftovers 1 or two days a week(for example spaghetti always lasts two days) or I will make a pot roast and then shred the leftover beef for BBQ beef sandwiches the next night so I don't plan a full week of meals. Sorry, wish I was more help!

BramblePatch
by on Sep. 29, 2013 at 5:13 PM
I meal plan a week at a time.... Buts it's tricky because I am dieting. Lunch and breakfast options are set and the kids get a choice each day. It makes life MUCH easier. We do not have the same options every week. I switch it up. This week it's:

Breakfast (choice of)
Cereal and fruit
Eggs and toast

Lunch (choice of)
Pasta w/ butter, bell pepper slices, grapes
Quesadillas w/ chips and applesauce
PB&Js, fish crackers, yogurt

Dinner
Spaghetti and garlic bread
Taco salad
Beef kebabs w/ rice
French Onion soup and salad
Chicken Stir Fry w/ rice
Bacon Cheese Soup and rolls
Balsamic chicken and salad
armygirl16
by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 2:21 AM
1 mom liked this
How about quiche?? If you buy the pre made crusts at the store they come in a 2 pack. You can make one for dinner that night and freeze the other. Soooo delicious. You can add bacon so your hubby can have his meat lol.
SusanTheWriter
by Bronze Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 8:25 AM

I love making quiche from leftovers. I also quit making it with the crust. If you spray a glass pie dish with oil before you pour in the fillings and custard, it comes out beautifully, and saves on the fat, calories and carbs from the crust. It's more like a frittata (but not really.)

Quoting armygirl16:

How about quiche?? If you buy the pre made crusts at the store they come in a 2 pack. You can make one for dinner that night and freeze the other. Soooo delicious. You can add bacon so your hubby can have his meat lol.

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 9:42 AM

How about doing it by nationality.  Mexican Tuesdays, Italian Wednesdays, Thai Thursdays, Irish Fridays, Chinese Saturdays, German Sundays.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)