Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Bitter Homeschooler's Wish List

Posted by   + Show Post

The Bitter Homeschooler's Wish List

By Deborah Markus, from Secular Homeschooling Magazine, Issue #1, Fall 2007

This so reflects my mood today,lol. I was grilled for 20 mins in line at Khols by this lady who couldn't understand why I would homeschool two of my kids while I sent my youngest to public school. If public school is good enough for her then why not the other two?

by on Sep. 28, 2013 at 4:16 PM
Replies (21-30):
paganbaby
by Silver Member on Sep. 28, 2013 at 4:25 PM

821. Quit assuming that my kid must be some kind of prodigy because she's homeschooled.

paganbaby

822. Quit assuming that I must be some kind of prodigy because I homeschool my kids.

paganbaby
1 mom liked this

823. Quit assuming that I must be some kind of saint because I homeschool my kids.

paganbaby
by Silver Member on Sep. 28, 2013 at 4:26 PM
3 moms liked this

824. Stop talking about all the great childhood memories my kids won't get because they don't go to school, unless you want me to start asking about all the not-so-great childhood memories you have because you went to school.

paganbaby
by Silver Member on Sep. 28, 2013 at 4:26 PM

25. Here's a thought: If you can't say something nice about homeschooling, shut up!

unsuspected
by Member on Sep. 28, 2013 at 4:35 PM
1 mom liked this
Ohh, I like this one!

Quoting paganbaby:

818. If you can remember anything from chemistry or calculus class, you're allowed to ask how we'll teach these subjects to our kids. If you can't, thank you for the reassurance that we couldn't possibly do a worse job than your teachers did, and might even do a better one.

unsuspected
by Member on Sep. 28, 2013 at 4:37 PM
1 mom liked this
I like this one too!

Quoting paganbaby:

820. Stop saying that my kid is shy, outgoing, aggressive, anxious, quiet, boisterous, argumentative, pouty, fidgety, chatty, whiny, or loud because he's homeschooled. It's not fair that all the kids who go to school can be as annoying as they want to without being branded as representative of anything but childhood.

coala
by Silver Member on Sep. 28, 2013 at 10:33 PM

I think this one is my favorite!!!

Quoting paganbaby:

25. Here's a thought: If you can't say something nice about homeschooling, shut up!

paganbaby
by Silver Member on Sep. 28, 2013 at 11:40 PM

Me too!

Quoting coala:

I think this one is my favorite!!!

Quoting paganbaby:

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

kmath
by Silver Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 12:49 AM
2 moms liked this

These are great!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)