Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

The Bitter Homeschooler's Wish List

Posted by   + Show Post

The Bitter Homeschooler's Wish List

By Deborah Markus, from Secular Homeschooling Magazine, Issue #1, Fall 2007

This so reflects my mood today,lol. I was grilled for 20 mins in line at Khols by this lady who couldn't understand why I would homeschool two of my kids while I sent my youngest to public school. If public school is good enough for her then why not the other two?

by on Sep. 28, 2013 at 4:16 PM
Replies (31-33):
Mommynay2
by Bronze Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 8:44 AM
I enjoyed your post a lot. Thank you, enjoy your day.
Beebella
by on Sep. 29, 2013 at 9:54 PM
1 mom liked this
Public school is one big horror show! Lol I can't believe the nerve of people to judge and lump all home schoolers together. I know people that have done a terrible job at it and an amazing job at it. The people who are concerned about socializing are the same ones that have kids who watch tv and play video games when they're home. Kids don't get to interact in school. They sit in class and learn. Most schools in NYC are doing away with recess and don't even allow the kids to go outside to play anymore. They keep them in a loud crowded lunchroom for 40 minutes a day. Is that considered adequate socializing? I used to judge homeschoolers when i was a teen because my religious freak aunt did a horrible job with my cousins. They both ran away from home in their teens. But when i got older I realized that was an isolated incident and not the norm. I wish more kids felt connected to their home and family.

Quoting paganbaby:

87. We don't look horrified and start quizzing your kids when we hear they're in public school. Please stop drilling our children like potential oil fields to see if we're doing what you consider an adequate job of homeschooling.

tonyanamelia
by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 3:39 PM
1 mom liked this

It's funny, I love this list because of things people said to me and my sisters and my mother about her homeschooling us....but oddly....NO-one has said or done any of these bad things to me. Strangely, everyone I have ever told about it has either not commented or said how much they respected my decision. Even my son's speech therapist was proud of me and what I've accomplished. Oddly....I have yet to run into anyone saying anything negative.....I have been homeschooling for 6 years....maybe this a homeschool-friendly area.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)