Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OT-How long did you wait to tell your other children?

Posted by   + Show Post

Ok, sorry this is off topic, but I just found out this morning before DH left for work that I am pregnant. :D We decided not to tell the kids yet and we want to put off telling the family for a while. The only persone I could tell is my BF and since it's her hubby's day off from work, I am sure she is sleeping in. Needless to say it's been an excruciatingly slow day lol. Anyway, when our youngest DD was on the way, the other 2 were really too young to understand exactly what was going on. Now they are much older and I'm not exactly sure when to 'let it out'.  Thinking about it though, could I count WIC and OB appointments as Health/Science??

expecting baby

by on Sep. 29, 2013 at 11:22 AM
Replies (11-15):
MommaMeemee
by Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 3:28 PM

Right?! My older two were very young like 1 and 2 when we found out before, so it really wasn't that big of a deal. Now that they are old enough to start asking questions and communicate with others, I'm just uncertain of how to handle it.

As fas as family goes, I'm already dealing with pressure over our HS decision, so I'm afraid it will just add fuel to the fire.  We rarely see our families (they don't live close) and they honestly don't understand what PS has done to my kids and why we made this decision. We have a birthday party this weekend for my DS and oldest DD, but I know I don't want to break the news to them during that. Probably won't see them again until Thanksgiving, so I won't have to worry about the kids spilling it. I'm just worried that something might go wrong and the effects it would have on DS. He's been asking for a baby brother for the last 4 years lol

Thanks everyone for the advice and congrats. I am really excited. We always said we wanted 4 :D

Quoting Jenn8604:

Congrats and bump I have one and only one and don't plan on more for AWHILE if ever, so I'm clueless on how to tell or when to tell.

Jenn8604
by Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 4:01 PM
Maybe do the 12 wk past the first trimester then tell the kids in a way someone else suggested and save it for a Christmas present for the rest of the family. lol. Not like it matters for them if they're not going to see it except every few months for part of a day. They're not raising it, or any of the rest, so I don't see how it matters if you have 4 or 40 kids and whether you hs or not. Some families are so weird. I prefer mine, (my aunts, uncles, and cousins) don't talk so you're never labeled weird. lol. I haven't seen any on my moms side (her mom died when I was 9, but she supported hs) since my baby shower (he's in kindergarten now). I don't even think any have a clue that he has autism. And my dads we only had a final family reunion last yr because my grandpa was dying. I'm sure they have no clue even how old he is.

Quoting MommaMeemee:

Right?! My older two were very young like 1 and 2 when we found out before, so it really wasn't that big of a deal. Now that they are old enough to start asking questions and communicate with others, I'm just uncertain of how to handle it.

As fas as family goes, I'm already dealing with pressure over our HS decision, so I'm afraid it will just add fuel to the fire.  We rarely see our families (they don't live close) and they honestly don't understand what PS has done to my kids and why we made this decision. We have a birthday party this weekend for my DS and oldest DD, but I know I don't want to break the news to them during that. Probably won't see them again until Thanksgiving, so I won't have to worry about the kids spilling it. I'm just worried that something might go wrong and the effects it would have on DS. He's been asking for a baby brother for the last 4 years lol

Thanks everyone for the advice and congrats. I am really excited. We always said we wanted 4 :D

Quoting Jenn8604:

Congrats and bump I have one and only one and don't plan on more for AWHILE if ever, so I'm clueless on how to tell or when to tell.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kirbymom
by Sonja on Sep. 30, 2013 at 8:41 PM
Congrats!!!

Yes! Those and anything pregnancy related can be tagged as health/science class/lessons.
mem82
by Platinum Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 8:44 PM

We wait until the 2nd trimester.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 8:45 PM

congratulations

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)