Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

How do you bounce back from a bad day?

Posted by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 7:16 PM
  • 11 Replies

Today was not a good day on the schooling front, he got most of his work done but most of it was a fight, I am worried for tommrow, today was a lot of fighting and tears.

So any advice for tommrow??

by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 7:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mem82
by Platinum Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 7:57 PM
Well, do you know what went wrong today? Bad moods? Work frustration? Usually if I can figure out what went wrong I can try to fix it.
Connorsmommy13
by Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 7:59 PM

Quoting mem82:

Well, do you know what went wrong today? Bad moods? Work frustration? Usually if I can figure out what went wrong I can try to fix it.

Rough start since we both woke up not feeling too well...and were both in a bad mood because he wanted a sick day but since he wanted to play video games I said no dice...

KrissyKC
by Silver Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 8:28 PM
1 mom liked this

We don't try to get A LOT of schooling in on those kind of days.   We have one or two minimum subjects, a little extra reading, and maybe working together to cook something we all would find tasty (soup or smoothies or something)...

Then we call it a day and play video games together.

kirbymom
by Sonja on Sep. 30, 2013 at 9:04 PM
Yes. I agree. This can be said for our famuly too.

Quoting KrissyKC:

We don't try to get A LOT of schooling in on those kind of days.   We have one or two minimum subjects, a little extra reading, and maybe working together to cook something we all would find tasty (soup or smoothies or something)...

Then we call it a day and play video games together.

No_Difference
by Silver Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 9:22 PM
1 mom liked this
We don't do much on sick-y days. But the deal is, if there is any TV watching after the core subjects are done, and not as extensively as we'd normally do, then it at least has to be an educational show. There are no video games on sick days. Otherwise, after a really bad day, we sit down and talk about it and try to come up with a solution together on how to make the next day better. Or I go for a walk and scream at a tree (the neighborhood must think I"m a little nuts), but I honestly feel better, and I leave the problem there...it is not allowed to come back in the house with me. The next day usually fairs better...
bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 8:28 AM

Tell him that you each have a blank slate.  All my kiddos know that each new day brings them a blank slate.  I won't hold anything against them from the day before and they shouldn't hold anything against me (or the material we are covering). 

Mine also know that they have a choice what kind of mommy I am.  I can be fun and joke around, but if we aren't getting the work done then i will be demanding, firm, and not much fun to be around.  Typically when I put it that way, they try really hard to choose the fun mommy.

KrissyKC
by Silver Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 9:49 AM

LOL!    I always ask mine if they want me to turn into Monster Mom...

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Tell him that you each have a blank slate.  All my kiddos know that each new day brings them a blank slate.  I won't hold anything against them from the day before and they shouldn't hold anything against me (or the material we are covering). 

Mine also know that they have a choice what kind of mommy I am.  I can be fun and joke around, but if we aren't getting the work done then i will be demanding, firm, and not much fun to be around.  Typically when I put it that way, they try really hard to choose the fun mommy.

mndzjen
by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 10:20 AM

On all aspects, not just schooling, I try to remind myself that everyone has a bad day sometimes (even my kids!). Perhaps try a different approach today :) Mix things up a bit? Hope you have a more tranquil Tuesday! 

oredeb
by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 10:40 AM

when we or some of us dont feel to good we just sit back and read  or watch an old movie together

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 10:50 AM

LOL!  That's a great way to put it!

Quoting KrissyKC:

LOL!    I always ask mine if they want me to turn into Monster Mom...

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN