Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms
Hi ladies. Just wanted to see how you wonderful women were doing after being gone for awhile. Anything new happen? Anyone sick that I should be prayin' and thinki' about? I've missed you and all that this group does.

undefined

by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 7:43 PM
Replies (21-25):
kirbymom
by Sonja on Oct. 1, 2013 at 12:26 AM

Well sweety, this just means you have a lot more strength than you realize. It hasn't beaten you down yet. On either front. Anytime you find yourself in need of some wide shoulders, I've been there on both isles. Yours and your sisters. I have very big shoulders and very good ears. Anytime.

Quoting debramommyof4:

My sister has been fighting cancer and the after effects for 2 years.  I have been battling my issues for most of my life.  I have content repeat depression and anxiety disorder.  But it ussually comes and goes.  I have also been fighting a cold and stomach issues for 2 months.

Quoting kirbymom:That is fantastic! And I know how hard it is to go through chemo. My oldest had cancer and beat it. How long have you two been sick? If you do not mind my asking.
Quoting debramommyof4:

Thats all that matter is they get some school in.  Thanks.  She is still getting kidney infections after her chemo.  She beat cancer though. Mine sickness is more complicated but it will get better eventually.

Quoting kirbymom:Thank You! And I do hope that you and your sister get to feeling much better much sooner. We haven't done as much school this month as I would have liked but at least they are getting some schooling done.
Quoting debramommyof4:

I will pray for you as well.  We have been trying to find a good schedule and with me being sick off and on and my sister being sick off and on, we just have not found it.  But we are managing to keep going and get all our work done and the kids are learning though we have not done school more than 3 days a week in the last 2 months.

Quoting kirbymom:I will! May we be able to handle our situations just as they are supposed to be handled.
Quoting Precious333:Absolutely! Pray that for me too! I have been un positions lately where i had to have some.uncomfortable conversations.
Quoting kirbymom:Yes, there is. I pray that we are in the right place and speaking the right words to the right people. Both for business and our personal life.
Quoting Precious333:Anything specifically i can pray for?
Quoting No_Difference:

Oh nos!! I feel like I missed something. I hope you're okay! If you need hugs and prayers sent your way, I'll add 'em onto the prayer chain,

Quoting kirbymom:Well, are you kidding?!? No. Everything is trying to go south of the boarder! lolBut, I am hopeful that we can keep things from tanking completely.
Quoting mem82:Nothing too special here. I hope things are going well for you. 8)

debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 12:41 AM
1 mom liked this

Thank you.

Quoting kirbymom:

Well sweety, this just means you have a lot more strength than you realize. It hasn't beaten you down yet. On either front. Anytime you find yourself in need of some wide shoulders, I've been there on both isles. Yours and your sisters. I have very big shoulders and very good ears. Anytime.

Quoting debramommyof4:

My sister has been fighting cancer and the after effects for 2 years.  I have been battling my issues for most of my life.  I have content repeat depression and anxiety disorder.  But it ussually comes and goes.  I have also been fighting a cold and stomach issues for 2 months.

Quoting kirbymom:That is fantastic! And I know how hard it is to go through chemo. My oldest had cancer and beat it. How long have you two been sick? If you do not mind my asking.
Quoting debramommyof4:

Thats all that matter is they get some school in.  Thanks.  She is still getting kidney infections after her chemo.  She beat cancer though. Mine sickness is more complicated but it will get better eventually.

Quoting kirbymom:Thank You! And I do hope that you and your sister get to feeling much better much sooner. We haven't done as much school this month as I would have liked but at least they are getting some schooling done.
Quoting debramommyof4:

I will pray for you as well.  We have been trying to find a good schedule and with me being sick off and on and my sister being sick off and on, we just have not found it.  But we are managing to keep going and get all our work done and the kids are learning though we have not done school more than 3 days a week in the last 2 months.

Quoting kirbymom:I will! May we be able to handle our situations just as they are supposed to be handled.
Quoting Precious333:Absolutely! Pray that for me too! I have been un positions lately where i had to have some.uncomfortable conversations.
Quoting kirbymom:Yes, there is. I pray that we are in the right place and speaking the right words to the right people. Both for business and our personal life.
Quoting Precious333:Anything specifically i can pray for?
Quoting No_Difference:

Oh nos!! I feel like I missed something. I hope you're okay! If you need hugs and prayers sent your way, I'll add 'em onto the prayer chain,

Quoting kirbymom:Well, are you kidding?!? No. Everything is trying to go south of the boarder! lolBut, I am hopeful that we can keep things from tanking completely.
Quoting mem82:Nothing too special here. I hope things are going well for you. 8)

No_Difference
by Silver Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 8:13 AM
1 mom liked this

...you have no idea.... ;) lol

Quoting kirbymom:

I'm so glad that you are feeling better. I bet that just made your day. :)

Quoting No_Difference:

Nothing too special here either. I finally got the call allowing me to ditch my torture devices (air cast and crutches) for my sprained ankle, which I'm pretty sure healed compeltely some time last week, and they just wanted to see how far they could go before driving me into complete insanity...

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

No_Difference
by Silver Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 9:18 AM

We'll pray for some good luck and that all the right pieces fall into place for you and your family!

Quoting kirbymom:

Ahh, yes, I sure could use your prayers. It seems that no matter hard or how much we work, everything is going so slow with business, still can not find the right house, school is good and not so good.
I am just trying to keep my chin up but it is getting more diffficult as each day passes. blah
It can't keep raining, right? lol

Quoting No_Difference:

KrissyKC
by Silver Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 9:47 AM
1 mom liked this

Wow, Ladies, I'm sorry to hear how things are going right now.    I'm not as close to them, but my husband's family has been affected by cancer as well.

His cousins daughter was diagnosed with brain cancer when she was 10.   I'm thinking it's been 5 years now, so she should be 15 or almost.    She went through numerous surgeries, treatments, etc...   She caught infections that almost took her life, too.      She is in remission still, I believe.  However, because of all the damage, strokes, and scar tissue she is mostly deaf, is in a wheelchair, and has other mental challenges now.   

Currently, my MIL's long term boyfriend was diagnosed with cancer not too long ago.   He JUST went through surgery this past week, and they found more than they expected (on the liver).  So, it's spread to his liver.   The surgery alone left him without some key parts, and now that they biopsied the liver and found it spread there, I don't know what his outcome is going to look like.   (he is 72 or 73).

Cancer just really bites.   I'm not close to the people I mentioned, but how can you watch ANYONE go through it without feeling something...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)