Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Happy October! What is going on this month?

Posted by   + Show Post
Field trips? Science? Halloween or Reformation Day?
by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 8:13 AM
Replies (21-21):
No_Difference
by Silver Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 9:59 AM

We just started the month kicking off our Homeowners Association annual meeting... and yay me got stuck on the board again (another year of defaulting into it) So its back to batteling the management company and now the county over the forclosed golf course...
Hubby has a shooting competition not this weekend, but the weekend after with the Lost Brigade Project (if anyone knows a wounded veteran...you should let them know for next years!!)
I'm still hardballing Disney, but he's starting to avoid me now...which is hard to do since we're both home...and he'll be officially 100% retired on the 9th.
With the stinking government shut down, all my field trip plans locally have been flushed down the toilet...We had a bunch of the national parks planned for this month if I didn't get my way with Disney... so now I'm super bummed, and have been trying to rub that in.
The official 1st 4H meeting starts Friday :) and Girl Scouts starts next Monday :)
We'll be doing Halloween at the end of the month for sure. My little guy has declared that he is Captain America, Hubby is the Hulk, and I am Black Widow. Jamie is a zombie and the dog will be a furry white bat lol.
The end of the month also kicks off the long string of birthdays on my side of the family. Starting the 29th with my niece, Halloween with my Dad, and Nov 2nd with my brother. There is at least 1 birthday each week in Nov, some weeks with more than 2.
O this weekend includes a surprise party, yard sales, flea markets, and Jamie's comedy night.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)