Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Our 504 went okay but I still want to pull him....long sort of ventish...sorry

Posted by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 4:02 PM
  • 3 Replies

We had our 504 yesterday. It went okay. I am still planning on pulling him. They agreed to give him extra time for writing and to let him use his grotto grip. Yip de do. They also agreed to talk with the PE teacher about gym class. His teacher said she would try to let him type more stuff on the computer. Other than that there isn't anything else being done. 

Even though his teacher marked him at below grade level for both reading and math she said he's doing fine. Ugh. I'm so frustrated. Cody woke up sick to his stomach this morning and didn't want to go to school. I called my dh to let him know and he said whatever let him stay home...you're going to end up pulling him anyway. Finally! He's on board. My mom said that if the school didn't give him what he needed to pull him...but he needs to be in school....for get this this....socialization. banging head into wall

Thrn to to top it all off Cody said the teacher was sick all weekend in bed but came to school Monday anyway. Maybe she was feeling better. Idk. She seemed fine when I saw her. Regardless he has a horrid cough, is throwing up and a temp of 102.6.

I already made copies of my diploma and associates degree to fax in. I just need to get my attendance book, lesson planner, curriculum pieces and a few other things and I will be pulling him. He's been sick twice since school started due to a weak immune system and I am just tired of the school and the nonsense that goes a long with it. 

by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 4:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
usmom3
by BJ on Oct. 1, 2013 at 4:27 PM
2 moms liked this

Have you considered some time to decompres & deschool him before starting homeschooling? Take some time to adjust to your new lives.

oredeb
by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 5:49 PM

what is a 504?? a test or something?

what state are you in? sounds like you have read your hs law?

also agree with what usmom suggested, deschool for a month or 2]

how old is cody?

Codysmom2106
by Bronze Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 7:11 PM

He's 7 1/2 in 2nd grade. The State laws for NC are that I have to file a notice of intent, homeschool for at least 9 calendar months. I have to keep attendance, immunization and standardized testing records. It is recommended that I cover core subjects, teach for 5 hrs a day, that we go 180 days, that I keep a book for lesson plans and that the standardized testing is done between March 1-April 15th. The 504 is a plan put together in order to help kids with disabilities that substantially limit at least one or more major activity in their life. In Cody's case it's physical with his cmt and his adhd and sensory processing disorder are secondary. 

Quoting oredeb:

what is a 504?? a test or something?

what state are you in? sounds like you have read your hs law?

also agree with what usmom suggested, deschool for a month or 2]

how old is cody?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN