Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

What are your thoughts on TV before school?

Posted by   + Show Post
Do you let your kids watch before they begin school?
by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 8:53 AM
Replies (21-30):
coala
by Silver Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 7:27 PM

HECK NO!!!  They have to earn the 1 hour that they are allowed and most days they lose that before dinner.

tiredmomfor2
by **Lyndsay** on Oct. 3, 2013 at 7:28 PM
2 moms liked this
Nope...you are not alone. I let them watch for a little bit before we start school. I am up by 6:30 and we don't start school until around 10 most days. So as they wake up they are allowed to pick one show. I tried to keep it off in the mornings and it worked..but the toddler really loves to watch a show in the am...so I let her. Plus the middle child gets up so darn early..lol
It is always something educational. :)

Quoting mem82:

I think I'm the only one that allows it for the first hour we are awake.

ablackdolphin
by Bronze Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 7:29 PM
1 mom liked this

Yep, but DD just turned 4.  I try to put things on like Little Pim's French or Preschool Prep or Magic School Bus, etc so at least it's somewhat educational.  We don't start school until after lunch because that's what works for us.

armygirl16
by Bronze Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 11:04 PM
She usually plays her DS while my hubby is asleep (or if I have the day off and am sleeping in). After that she has breakfast and starts school. She has to practice her violin a few times during the day as well. She is 5 though and doesn't watch much tv anyway. Maybe a movie in the late afternoon.
debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 11:22 PM
1 mom liked this
If they wake up before I am ready to wake up I will let them watch educational programs for q bit. My kids wake up before the sun most days though
mommaoftwo
by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 11:23 PM

if they wake up before me

Kiestenlovesu
by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 11:50 PM
RELAX.

Yes they get tv.

Quoting coala:

HECK NO!!!  They have to earn the 1 hour that they are allowed and most days they lose that before dinner.

MammaG08
by Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 7:08 AM

Not unless there is something I HAVE to get done before we start school, and then he only watches like one curious george episode (15 mins).  Then, it is time for school!  But this only happens once in a great while; most of the time, we don't watch tv at all! 

mamamedic69
by Deanna on Oct. 4, 2013 at 8:43 AM
My dd wakes up and wants to do her school work then watch a show (usually educational). If it's an off morning then I'll let her watch it. She doesn't really care whether the TV is on or not except when she doesn't feel well.
TJandKarasMom
by Debbie on Oct. 4, 2013 at 8:45 AM

Once in a while, during breakfast.  But it's usually on a morning that DH and I haven't seen each other for a couple days so we are catching up (he works nights usually), so the kids get a little break..  But they have been good so far about turning it off and getting to work.

But typically, no electronics until school work and chores are done.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN