Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Need your suggestion - please

Posted by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 10:01 AM
  • 17 Replies

Hello moms,

My daughter recently started telling me i want to be hair stylist.She is only 5 1/2 years.  I started watching one kid at my home for living. Yesterday she asked me " why she is coming every day" i replied " i am baby sitting" then she answered for that " is that your work", i said "yes". for this she said " i wish i could do baby sitting instead work."

does this mean she is not interested in education???

this gives me stress and worry.

by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 10:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 10:09 AM
2 moms liked this
No it just means she is noticing everything. My girls have wanted to be everything from a stay at home mom to an astronaut, including Marines like their daddy. My son just wants to be iron man.
julesjerry
by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 10:10 AM

I forget to mention. She is in kindergarten. She is ahead in her school work. We are doing 1st grade at home.

AutymsMommy
by Silver Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 10:34 AM
2 moms liked this

No...

It means she's 5, lol.

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff:  we're Catholic, we're conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

AutymsMommy
by Silver Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 10:36 AM
5 moms liked this

Yeppers. My son is Spider Man or Peter Parker on any given day (and God help anybody who calls him Spider Man when he's Peter Parker). I'm not worried. Lol.

Quoting debramommyof4:

No it just means she is noticing everything. My girls have wanted to be everything from a stay at home mom to an astronaut, including Marines like their daddy. My son just wants to be iron man.

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff:  we're Catholic, we're conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

mem82
by Platinum Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 10:40 AM
If she told you she wanted to be a mommy would you freak out? Lol
What about if she told you she wanted to be in the NFL? 8)
She just likes the idea of caring for kids or babies.
bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 11:09 AM

It means she is noticing things she likes to do.  My boys go through a new profession each week:  firefighter, farmer, dentist, screenwriter, artist, musician, and those are just this school year so far.

oredeb
by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 11:14 AM

hahahah shes just learning!!! shes asking questions!

julesjerry
by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 11:18 AM

You ladies always comfort me . Thank you .

usmom3
by BJ on Oct. 3, 2013 at 1:08 PM

I agree with the others she is being a typical small child trying to figure everything out!

Mweddle
by Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 5:54 PM

haha my 5 year old son really really wants a spider to bite him so he can have webs... OP I wouldn't worry either.  My 6 year old DD says stuff sometimes like that.  We just talk a lot about how important it is to choose a career you love. Also, think back to what you wanted to be when you were little.  I think at one time I wanted to be a pro-wrestler...I have no earthly idea why.

Quoting AutymsMommy:

Yeppers. My son is Spider Man or Peter Parker on any given day (and God help anybody who calls him Spider Man when he's Peter Parker). I'm not worried. Lol.

Quoting debramommyof4:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN