Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Need your suggestion - please

Posted by   + Show Post

Hello moms,

My daughter recently started telling me i want to be hair stylist.She is only 5 1/2 years.  I started watching one kid at my home for living. Yesterday she asked me " why she is coming every day" i replied " i am baby sitting" then she answered for that " is that your work", i said "yes". for this she said " i wish i could do baby sitting instead work."

does this mean she is not interested in education???

this gives me stress and worry.

by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 10:01 AM
Replies (11-17):
julesjerry
by Bronze Member on Oct. 5, 2013 at 8:06 AM

When i am reading the last comment. I asked her to do little addition. She is mad at me and simply sitting. She doesn'twant to do math, even though she know it. I am now with tears now. What can i do to help her understand, education is very important. I am doing something wrong here.

I have great fear. I have MBA, still not working, because i am not smart. Started daycare for living. I don't want my daughter to be like me.

KickButtMama
by Shannon on Oct. 5, 2013 at 8:11 AM
1 mom liked this

It just means she's 5. When my eldest was 5 his future carear choice was to be "an Intergalactic Hero"....I think it's beautiful that she wants to grow up to be just like mom.

KickButtMama
by Shannon on Oct. 5, 2013 at 8:18 AM
1 mom liked this

Take a calming breath. She's only 5. Right? She has no conception of self-esteem. In her eyes you are perfect, because you love her and care for her. She isn't old enough to understand that a college education is important. Heck I have a college education and I don't work anymore - used to be an aeronautical engineer- so some people imply I am wasting my degree by being a SAH-Homeschooling mom. The point is, if you act like you love school, then she will emulate that. Why? Because in her eyes you're awesome! Don't harp on the curriculum so much yet, she still really young. I didn't start harping till the kids were at a out 2nd grade level. We did fun, hands on stuff before that. 

Hang in there, you're doing great!

Quoting julesjerry:

When i am reading the last comment. I asked her to do little addition. She is mad at me and simply sitting. She doesn'twant to do math, even though she know it. I am now with tears now. What can i do to help her understand, education is very important. I am doing something wrong here.

I have great fear. I have MBA, still not working, because i am not smart. Started daycare for living. I don't want my daughter to be like me.

Articles / Kicbuttmama's Crazy Lapbooks / Kickbuttmama's Home Education / KBM Creations  / Pintrest
Albert Einstein -- 
   "Everybody is a Genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing it is stupid." 

mndzjen
by on Oct. 5, 2013 at 11:29 AM

She sounds like an observant young lady :) And she's so young, don't worry about her decisions now affecting what she'll do as an adult. My 7 year old changes her mind about what she wants to be when she grows up almost on a weekly basis! 

BrettsMommy927
by on Oct. 5, 2013 at 1:21 PM
She is 5 1/2 years old. I wouldn't be surprised if her next occupation would be an astronaut!
julesjerry
by Bronze Member on Oct. 6, 2013 at 7:19 PM

Big thank you to all .

Knightquester
by Bronze Member on Oct. 6, 2013 at 7:51 PM

She's only 5 1/2 years old.

A child's interest and value for a good education and better future first starts with how you deal with and answer those questions/responses.  At only five and a half years old, I wouldn't worry too much.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)