Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

I thought today was going to be tough work on my part...

Posted by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 1:30 PM
  • 7 Replies

We had a big project to do in science, and I thought it would be a tough day (lots of hands on from me)... but they participated in everything so well... even chores and such.

We did English, serious review for competition coming up on Saturday, science, and found time to go clean up the yard a little.    Now they are watching a documentary and we will take the day off of math to practice for choir and the Christmas play and hit back on our practice for competition (bible knowledge)..   I think I'm going to ask them to do one other thing... I just haven't decided what.   They need to write something...

Any suggestions?

by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 1:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
usmom3
by BJ on Oct. 3, 2013 at 1:54 PM
1 mom liked this

Have them write their Christmas list! Or have them write about what they dreamed about last!

kirbymom
by Sonja on Oct. 3, 2013 at 7:21 PM
Maybe they could write a comedy?
coala
by Silver Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 7:27 PM

I say you had an awesome day!!!  Especially compared to the difficult time they have been giving you lately.

ablackdolphin
by Bronze Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 7:32 PM

That's great!!  Have them write about the transition to fall, fall activities, Halloween, apple picking, daylight savings, Thanksgiving, etc?

KrissyKC
by Silver Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 9:38 PM

They ended up doing a little math, and then split up... one went out to play with friends and had a little WII time, the other two busted out my craft box and I have ghost and pumkin garland decorating my dining room as well as glittery glue sea shells drying on my table.   

Then we had a late dinner of cauliflower, watermelon, yogurt, and grilled chops while watching Madagascar 3.   It was a good day....  

KrissyKC
by Silver Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 9:41 PM

Yes, the past few days have been better.   I've had to get tough a few times, but overall pretty good.   Abby is still my obstinent beautiful little distractable 5 yr old... but she is learning.. so it's all worth the effort.

Quoting coala:

I say you had an awesome day!!!  Especially compared to the difficult time they have been giving you lately.

KrissyKC
by Silver Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 9:42 PM
1 mom liked this

I like this idea.   We've never tried to write our own play yet.   I'm going to jot this down for those dead-of-winter, can't-play-outside-much blues.

Quoting kirbymom:

Maybe they could write a comedy?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)