Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Snooze or Lose

Posted by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 1:31 PM
BJ
  • 13 Replies

I found this to be an interesting read & wanted to share!

Overstimulated, overscheduled kids are getting at least an hour’s less sleep than they need, a deficiency that, new research reveals, has the power to set their cognitive abilities back years. CLICK HERE

by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 1:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Leissaintexas
by Bronze Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 1:56 PM
1 mom liked this
Funny how" experts are just now finding this out. Wasn't it Ben Franklin who said "Early to bed, early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy,and wise"? This used to be common knowledge.
kirbymom
by Sonja on Oct. 4, 2013 at 1:57 PM
Definitely interesting. I would love to understand theur definition of a demanding teacher though.
Chasing3
by Bronze Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 2:02 PM

I"m thinking moms of those kdis are getting way less sleep than they need too!

usmom3
by BJ on Oct. 4, 2013 at 2:20 PM
2 moms liked this

What I find interesting is that it is now known that teenagers are hard wired to go to bed late & get up late (like bed at 1AM & wake up at 10AM) but no one is willing to take that seriously & see if a high school where to accommodate that if it would help them or not!

Quoting Leissaintexas:

Funny how" experts are just now finding this out. Wasn't it Ben Franklin who said "Early to bed, early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy,and wise"? This used to be common knowledge.

usmom3
by BJ on Oct. 4, 2013 at 2:23 PM

Yeah, I don't know what they meant exactly by that!

Quoting kirbymom:

Definitely interesting. I would love to understand theur definition of a demanding teacher though.

usmom3
by BJ on Oct. 4, 2013 at 2:24 PM

I agree, if the kids are sleep deprived then the parents probably are too.

Quoting Chasing3:

I"m thinking moms of those kdis are getting way less sleep than they need too!

usmom3
by BJ on Oct. 4, 2013 at 2:35 PM

I found this informative & interesting!

How to Get Kids to Sleep More

kirbymom
by Sonja on Oct. 4, 2013 at 2:43 PM
But that would be like the system actually wanting to help and do right by society or something.

Quoting usmom3:

What I find interesting is that it is now known that teenagers are hard wired to go to bed late & get up late (like bed at 1AM & wake up at 10AM) but no one is willing to take that seriously & see if a high school where to accommodate that if it would help them or not!

Quoting Leissaintexas:Funny how" experts are just now finding this out. Wasn't it Ben Franklin who said "Early to bed, early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy,and wise"? This used to be common knowledge.

usmom3
by BJ on Oct. 4, 2013 at 2:46 PM
1 mom liked this

You made me giggle!

Quoting kirbymom:

But that would be like the system actually wanting to help and do right by society or something.

Quoting usmom3:

Quoting Leissaintexas:Funny how" experts are just now finding this out. Wasn't it Ben Franklin who said "Early to bed, early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy,and wise"? This used to be common knowledge.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 2:48 PM

My kids are nuts if they miss their bedtime which is 9pm. They naturally wake between 7 and 8.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)