Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

The Ideal Teacher

Posted by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 8:01 PM
  • 9 Replies
What makes an Ideal Teacher...in Your opinion?

Are there should be's and absolutes? Or, are there could be's and maybe's?

undefined

by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 8:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
jen2150
by Silver Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 8:26 PM
2 moms liked this
Creativity, imagination, and curiosity. The same things that make a good student. These are absolutes. Creativity is intelligence having fun. "Imagination is more important than knowledge." “Curiosity is more important than knowledge.” “The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires.” ― William Arthur Ward
usmom3
by BJ on Oct. 4, 2013 at 8:47 PM
3 moms liked this

OH, I love this!

Quoting jen2150:

Creativity, imagination, and curiosity. The same things that make a good student. These are absolutes. Creativity is intelligence having fun. "Imagination is more important than knowledge." “Curiosity is more important than knowledge.” “The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires.” ― William Arthur Ward

TidewaterClan
by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 9:19 PM
2 moms liked this

To me the ideal teacher is one who listens, admits they don't know everything, and bends with the breeze to make learning a wonderful experience for their student(s) and themselves.

KrissyKC
by Silver Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 9:24 PM
2 moms liked this

I think the ideal teacher is one that is very excited about the subject and that excitement just helps pick up the kids and carry them with her.

I'm sure there are other traits, but excitement and joy are two things that keep my kids going strong in something.

hwblyf
by Silver Member on Oct. 5, 2013 at 12:00 AM
1 mom liked this

I think the ideal teacher loves learning.  Loves the topic.

QueenCreole313
by on Oct. 5, 2013 at 7:43 AM
2 moms liked this

Love of the child/student. Love of learning. Patient. Kind. Passionate. Structured yet flexible. Open. Honest. and Encouraging. 

KickButtMama
by Shannon on Oct. 5, 2013 at 8:06 AM
1 mom liked this

Patience, and creativity. Oh and a heavy dose of sarcasm....no? Ok, so I'm describing myself..lol..

KickButtMama
by Shannon on Oct. 5, 2013 at 8:06 AM
1 mom liked this

I completely agree! A love of learning by the teacher will be shared w/ the students.

Quoting hwblyf:

I think the ideal teacher loves learning.  Loves the topic.

kirbymom
by Sonja on Oct. 5, 2013 at 2:56 PM
1 mom liked this
Inspiration.
I think a teacher who inspires a student to do more than that student ordinarily would do, is an ideal teacher.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN