Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

keva planks, kapla blocks, etc...

Posted by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 9:16 PM
  • 4 Replies

My kids and I went to a science center in Wichita, and their favorite area was the keva planks area.   They are just plain planks... roughly 3 or 4 inches long, two inches wide, and thin....

They LOVED the intense towers that people created out of these.   Towers big enough to have to climb tall ladders to finish.   They enjoyed building with them and  learning how to make sound structures.

Well, when we came home the kids were still talking about them and trying to make similar towers out of the baby's blocks... yeah... didn't work quite so well.. LOL!

I'm looking for them for Christmas presents...  yes, I know the joke about the whole, "You might be a homeschooler if all of your Christmas presents are educational."    LOL!

Do any of you have these or something similar (also a brand similar called CitiBloks) ????

by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 9:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
usmom3
by BJ on Oct. 4, 2013 at 9:27 PM

Amazon has lots of them CLICK TO SEE

maggiemom2000
by Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 10:34 PM

We have some citiblocks. They are great!

maggiemom2000
by Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 11:08 PM

Here are the kids using the blocks. I wish I had a photo of the stool my son made that he could actually sit and stand on!

from my blog post 

Fun with social studies: The Vikings!

Scootch decided to build a Viking Longship out of CitiBlocks.

Even Little Miss wanted to get in on the action, "Take a picture of me and my blocks!"
KrissyKC
by Silver Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 11:14 PM

How many kids do you have Maggie, and about how many blocks do you have?   I'm trying to decide if it's worth it to buy them each 400 planks or just 200.   The difference is 1200 compared to 600, so it's a big difference.  (just for my older three 5, 9, and 11)...   The baby will just get them as hand me downs.

Quoting maggiemom2000:

Here are the kids using the blocks. I wish I had a photo of the stool my son made that he could actually sit and stand on!

from my blog post 

Fun with social studies: The Vikings!

Scootch decided to build a Viking Longship out of CitiBlocks.

Even Little Miss wanted to get in on the action, "Take a picture of me and my blocks!"

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)