Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ok ladies, I need some advice. My son has received his official diagnosis for Aspergers, ADHD and anxiety. This is a medical diagnosis from a psychologist. She advised getttng an educational diagnosis and IEP on file for him "in case he returns to school". I don't plan on him returning to school. But, he does want to go to a local college one day. 

Should I have an IEP done now just to have it in writing that he would need accomidations for testing, for example? Or should I wait? Is this even necessary for college? I do know that you need something to have extra time when completing the SATs. 

I am just not in the mood with dealing with anyone from the school system now if I can avoid it. 

Thanks in advance! 

by on Oct. 5, 2013 at 7:41 AM
Replies (11-11):
usmom3
by BJ on Oct. 5, 2013 at 9:38 PM

I have a friend who has a 20 y/o DD with Aspergers that started collage this year & they where great about helping get her set up with everything she needed & she had never had an IEP before. So If I where you I would just wait until he is getting ready to go  because anything you do now will be out dated & have to be done anew any ways.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)