Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is homeschooling beneficial for children?

Posted by   + Show Post

Heres a debate about homeschooling interesting read, you can vote also if you want!

http://www.debate.org/opinions/is-homeschooling-beneficial-for-children

by on Oct. 5, 2013 at 7:36 PM
Replies (11-12):
TJandKarasMom
by Debbie on Oct. 9, 2013 at 8:36 AM
I agree with everyone else, the negative side was all about socialization, or was bad experiences for some people (and are those stories even accurate? I am sure my opinion of my childhood is not completely accurate). I think no matter what, we will all do something "wrong" in our adults children's eyes, and they can choose not to repeat our "mistakes." But I don't think homeschooling is detrimental to their wellbeing, but public school certainly was. I still go back to most parents do what they feel is best for their children, so I don't judge what kind of schooling they choose (typically), so I should not be judged for doing what I think is best for my family.
bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:10 PM

Glad I could make ya laugh!

Quoting paganbaby:

laughing

Quoting bluerooffarm:

I wrote up an opinion, but really it doesn't seem like much of a debate, there are very few opinions that have replies.  Also the "con" side was pretty much all devoted to people who had been homeschooled poorly as some sort of parental control (which I really doubt the validity of those types of responses) or spouting the same socialization crap that gets very old!  I mean, I bring the boys food in their cages every single day, they get to socialize.  :-/

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)