Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms
So I didn't plan much in the way of academics this week, and DS was gone to his dads this weekend...so we are kind of taking today off. We spent the weekend deep cleaning DDs room, then today DS and I went through his clothes...and I tried to talk him into letting go of some toys (my kids don't play with toys much anymore, they play their iPods and some board games...but they have sooo many toys from family and they can't let anything go!!!)

We are going to pack emergency bags, one for each of us. Maybe make some muffins or something. And I have to leave for work early today (around 1:20). So we are just taking it easy. Then DH has a couple days off, so I think we will be chopping wood and cleaning up the yard. So I plan to play some math games or build math into whatever we are doing, but other than that they will just be learning "life skills" for a few days.

Do you ever do things like this? Am I just being lazy? We have only been doing this since the beginning of September, five weeks...is it ok to take a week off from the "table" work?
by on Oct. 7, 2013 at 9:43 AM
Replies (11-13):
usmom3
by BJ on Oct. 7, 2013 at 2:27 PM
1 mom liked this

Life skills are very important & there is nothing wrong with how you are doing things!

mem82
by Platinum Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 5:58 PM
1 mom liked this

Sometimes we take the day off to catch up on things.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 5:58 PM
1 mom liked this

IT's good for brains to be allowed to mellow for a bit.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)