Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

*shifty eyes* We're cutting class today

Posted by   + Show Post

LOL Mommy just has too much to do for the Scout Party tonight. Don't tell, okay?

by on Oct. 8, 2013 at 10:42 AM
Replies (21-30):
TJandKarasMom
by Debbie on Oct. 8, 2013 at 1:11 PM
I am so glad to read the other posts and know its ok! I think we are taking most of this week off. I just hope I'm ready to get right into next week, or this could get bad quickly!
StepDucky
by Sarah on Oct. 8, 2013 at 1:53 PM

Last week, we ended up skipping most days. lol We had a week of field trips. 

debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Oct. 8, 2013 at 2:14 PM
Yeah. Normally allergies do not knock me out but my face (one eye and half my tongue or lip) swell up a time or two a year and we only know it is an allergic reaction but not to what. I have never had a doctor see it. It use to go down in the mornings with no meds (always happens over night). But now to get it down I have to take benadryl, which makes me sleep for about 4 hours. It is great.

Quoting mem82:

Ew allergies are no fun!

Quoting debramommyof4:

I woke up with my allergies acting up so I have to take benadryl and sleep with 3 hours. Then we are probably cleaning house. No school today. Kids are watching Horrible Histories. I won't tell if you will not.

No_Difference
by Silver Member on Oct. 8, 2013 at 2:30 PM

I wish I would have checked this sooner! Then I probably would've played hookie too. After a busy week and insanely busy weekend, and another busy weekend coming up, I had to convince myself to get caught up before we start falling too far behind so I forced us all up. We could've really used a true day off though...

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Oct. 8, 2013 at 3:01 PM
1 mom liked this
My daughter is reading to the baby instead of me so I can get dishes and laundry going.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
coala
by Silver Member on Oct. 8, 2013 at 5:28 PM

My kids have had a rather easy couple of days.  I have been suffering from migraines and I'm not quite sure what is going on, but the remenants of Karen are wreaking havoc on my sinuses.  I promise I won't tell if you won't.  LOL

My kids have done some reading towards their book-it goal and that is good enough for me today.

MacMamaof5
by Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:31 AM
1 mom liked this

Cool post---I won't tell if you won't.  I am 32 weeks pregnant and needed to catch up on chores and finally washed my baby clothes and organized them.  I did observe the imaginative play of my kids, however.  Oh, and I popped in a Leap Frog Alphabet Video this morning...can I count that?

chlippr77
by Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:08 PM
Hey, we're cutting school, too. Daddy stayed home sick. His back is sore and it hurts to lie in the bed, so he wanted to watch TV in the livingroom, which makes school impossible, so we're all watching TV with daddy trying to make him feel better.
TidewaterClan
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:30 PM
Good luck with scouts! We had a half day last week because I couldn't take the way the house looked anymore. :)
mem82
by Platinum Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:32 PM

Not a bad way to spend the day!

Quoting chlippr77:

Hey, we're cutting school, too. Daddy stayed home sick. His back is sore and it hurts to lie in the bed, so he wanted to watch TV in the livingroom, which makes school impossible, so we're all watching TV with daddy trying to make him feel better.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)