Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

*shifty eyes* We're cutting class today

Posted by   + Show Post

LOL Mommy just has too much to do for the Scout Party tonight. Don't tell, okay?

by on Oct. 8, 2013 at 10:42 AM
Replies (31-37):
mem82
by Platinum Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:32 PM
1 mom liked this

It went great. Thanks!

Quoting TidewaterClan:

Good luck with scouts! We had a half day last week because I couldn't take the way the house looked anymore. :)

TidewaterClan
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:53 PM
1 mom liked this
The last person in the morning wipes down our shower & the glass door too. It keeps it clean and makes deep cleaning it quick. I have a small old towel at each sink for a fast wipe down each night too. It makes the bathroom look nice all week.

Quoting TJandKarasMom:

I just spent two hours cleaning the bathroom! (Yuck! And now any tips for keeping it clean so I don't have to scrub so hard next time I want it clean clean?). School has consisted of them learning how to sweep and making their own grilled cheese on the stove! (I could hear but couldn't see it all!)

And hopefully they will be gathering and chopping wood this afternoon with DH...while I take a bath in my nice clean tub, lol.
TJandKarasMom
by Debbie on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:14 PM
Is there something you use to wipe it down with?

Quoting TidewaterClan:

The last person in the morning wipes down our shower & the glass door too. It keeps it clean and makes deep cleaning it quick. I have a small old towel at each sink for a fast wipe down each night too. It makes the bathroom look nice all week.

Quoting TJandKarasMom:

I just spent two hours cleaning the bathroom! (Yuck! And now any tips for keeping it clean so I don't have to scrub so hard next time I want it clean clean?). School has consisted of them learning how to sweep and making their own grilled cheese on the stove! (I could hear but couldn't see it all!)

And hopefully they will be gathering and chopping wood this afternoon with DH...while I take a bath in my nice clean tub, lol.

TidewaterClan
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 7:18 PM

Just a dry old towel.  My grandma always did that too.  She had well water and it would leave stains if she didn't.  Her bathroom always looked clean.  We've stuck to the dry towel method, and it's been good.  It's kind of a pain when you start (we end up taking turns by default) but now it only takes a few minutes and saves a lot in the end.

Quoting TJandKarasMom:

Quoting TidewaterClan:

Quoting TJandKarasMom:

TJandKarasMom
by Debbie on Oct. 9, 2013 at 7:52 PM
Thank you! I'm going to start doing it! We have well water, too..so much iron in it! I never worry about us having enough iron in our diets, but I do hate the orangish color in the tub! It doesn't happen to the toilet or the kitchen sick, I really don't know why, lol.

Quoting TidewaterClan:

Just a dry old towel.  My grandma always did that too.  She had well water and it would leave stains if she didn't.  Her bathroom always looked clean.  We've stuck to the dry towel method, and it's been good.  It's kind of a pain when you start (we end up taking turns by default) but now it only takes a few minutes and saves a lot in the end.

Quoting TJandKarasMom:

Quoting TidewaterClan:

Quoting TJandKarasMom:

TidewaterClan
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 8:01 PM
1 mom liked this

That's how grandma's was!  I miss the great taste of well water.  I hope it works well for you!

Quoting TJandKarasMom:

Thank you! I'm going to start doing it! We have well water, too..so much iron in it! I never worry about us having enough iron in our diets, but I do hate the orangish color in the tub! It doesn't happen to the toilet or the kitchen sick, I really don't know why, lol.

Quoting TidewaterClan:

Quoting TJandKarasMom:

Quoting TidewaterClan:

Quoting TJandKarasMom:

monkeybunns
by Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 1:42 PM

I won't tell-we do this quite a bit and catch up on other days :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)