Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Have you seen the unequally paid monkeys?

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:49 PM
  • 16 Replies
2 moms liked this
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:49 PM

I love the TED talks!

bmw29
by Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 2:00 PM
1 mom liked this
That's pretty funny.
oredeb
by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 11:28 AM
1 mom liked this

thats cute

paganbaby
by Silver Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 12:32 PM
1 mom liked this

That was funny!

usmom3
by BJ on Oct. 10, 2013 at 12:45 PM

I love them too until I started to read things like this ARTICLE about them censoring.

I love the TED talks!

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 1:28 PM

I always assumed they had a panel of "experts" to censor their talks to begin with.  Our society is far too in love with the expert to allow the kind of freedom you are suggesting.  It's sad, but I can't throw out the baby with the bath water.  We still get a lot of good discussion out of TED.  We often disagree with them, but that just builds research techniques and debate.  There was actually a lady who gave a talk that built around the idea that Wonder Bread is the technological epitome.  My oldest son thought the lady was "a total Quack!"  LOL  He decided to research agrarian society to debunk her. (he's 8)

Quoting usmom3:

I love them too until I started to read things like this ARTICLE about them censoring.

I love the TED talks!

usmom3
by BJ on Oct. 10, 2013 at 1:47 PM

I am under the impression that they have gotten more controlling with the censoring over time. I don't hate them just not in love with them anymore!

I love that your son did that!

Quoting bluerooffarm:

I always assumed they had a panel of "experts" to censor their talks to begin with.  Our society is far too in love with the expert to allow the kind of freedom you are suggesting.  It's sad, but I can't throw out the baby with the bath water.  We still get a lot of good discussion out of TED.  We often disagree with them, but that just builds research techniques and debate.  There was actually a lady who gave a talk that built around the idea that Wonder Bread is the technological epitome.  My oldest son thought the lady was "a total Quack!"  LOL  He decided to research agrarian society to debunk her. (he's 8)

Quoting usmom3:

I love the TED talks!

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 1:53 PM
1 mom liked this

I bet they have gotten much more controlling.  It seems as though most institutions become more controlling over the years. 

You should have seen the boys' reactions to the monkey throwing cucumber pieces at the researcher.  LOL!  I had to share the video here for all of you ladies to see it.

(Again my oldest) said that we could do the experiment on his brothers.  Have them each sweep the porches and pay one in carrots and the other in chocolate and see the fireworks. 

Quoting usmom3:

I am under the impression that they have gotten more controlling with the censoring over time. I don't hate them just not in love with them anymore!

I love that your son did that!

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Quoting usmom3:

I love the TED talks!

kirbymom
by Sonja on Oct. 10, 2013 at 8:35 PM
Intetesting!
I just love when they try to make a monkey out me .(hehehe)
bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 8:38 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting kirbymom:

Intetesting!
I just love when they try to make a monkey out me .(hehehe)

LOL.  I find myself the monkey in their experimants all.the.time.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)