Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

It has been so beautiful outside..

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 2:18 PM
  • 7 Replies

It has been so beautiful outside that today after our LA lessons, we went outside for a bit of science. We talked about the grass turning brown and the different texture and feel of it now. We learned about the leaves changing colors and eventually falling. We talked about migrating birds. Overall it was a good couple of hours that he really enjoyed and seemed to soak up. 

What are your wee ones learning about today?

by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 2:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Oct. 9, 2013 at 2:19 PM
I love outdoor lessons!
We learned about being boastful, worked on our twos times tables, water color painting, and did some recorder practice.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mem82
by Platinum Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 4:01 PM

It's getting chilly in the mornings, though. BRRRRRRRR

coala
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 5:36 PM

We attempted to get onto the new schedule I have laid out.  My girls each have a few things that they still need to accomplish with their educational stuff and a few responsibilities left to take care of.  We started out Bible project today....and that is something I had been wanting to get to for a few months now.

usmom3
by BJ on Oct. 9, 2013 at 6:11 PM

They learned comparison shopping!

KrissyKC
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 6:26 PM

We learned yard work this AM, peeling apples and making apple butter.   Then, we had choir practice, math, and worked on writing stories (finish lines), we did a little spelling and then went back outside (bikes)... my 5 yr old learned to ride a two wheeler today!!!   

My 11 yr old is learning the hard way about telling the truth and not making up stories so she is staying home from church clubs tonight doing laundry and gets to go grocery shopping with me and the baby instead.   Fun!  An evening with a ticked off 11 yr old!!

KrissyKC
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 6:30 PM

You aren't alone, I've wanted to start a project on Missionaries.  We were going to tie it into a little geography review since it's been three years since we did countries and cultures.   Of course we haven't started it.   It may have to wait until the weather turns.  We are just enjoying our other things too much.

Quoting coala:

We attempted to get onto the new schedule I have laid out.  My girls each have a few things that they still need to accomplish with their educational stuff and a few responsibilities left to take care of.  We started out Bible project today....and that is something I had been wanting to get to for a few months now.

TidewaterClan
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 7:42 PM

We had most of our lessons outside, along with science too.  Cleanup was much easier! 

Those are some wonderful lessons you had.  Tomorrow I plan on taking my girls out to the woods and collecting different leaves before they really start turning colors, so we can identify them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)