Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Today's reason for homeschooling..

Posted by   + Show Post

So, my DH is pretty onboard with us homeschooling but because he wasn't schooled in this country he really doesn't understand some things that are happening in schools these days.  So, when I find stories like the one below, I send him an email that is usually titled "Today's Reason for Homeschooling"....

Here is the link I sent him today:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/08/kristin-grasso-florida-school-letter-overweight_n_4058460.html?1381260343&icid=maing-grid7|maing7|dl9|sec1_lnk3%26pLid%3D388540

by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 4:04 PM
Replies (11-11):
Pukalani79
by Kristin on Oct. 13, 2013 at 11:03 PM

Oh...I remember that very, very well.  It's probably the reason I know exactly what I weighed in 8th grade and what a friend of mine weighed. :(

Quoting usmom3:

I remember when I was in school the PE teacher would line us up & use a measuring device to check how much body fat we had. They would do this in front of the rest of the other kids & then say out loud where everyone could here what it was. I got made fun of for being fat by the other kids (I was not fat I was just big for my age) & ended us starving myself for a few months before my parents figured out what I was doing & talked to me & got me to start eating. If my parents had not caught on I very well could have become anorexic all because of the school doing that!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)