Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Yippee!!! She did it!!! And... now there's another thing to worry about.....

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 5:56 PM
  • 8 Replies
2 moms liked this

My Abby... my wild, beautiful, out-of-control Abby.   She did it.   She rode her two wheeler for the first time.

This child is the one that I have to practically wrap in bubble wrap.   She is off the wall hyper, crazy, falls off a chair sitting still....

I'm so proud.   We get to the street (only place to ride right here), and as she is hopping on her now training wheel free bike, I'm trying to give her a pointer or two as I feel her start to pedal and ride off....

uhm...

She rides about 10 or so feet before losing balance and catching herself.   There was no holding onto the back of her seat, nothing.

She just rode away...

The worry though????   OBVIOUSLY... here's my 5 1/2 year old beautiful little princess ridinig wildly and happily all over the place... ugh... can I close my eyes now???

by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 5:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
xomrs.chase
by Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 6:03 PM
LOL
bitter sweet
KrissyKC
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 6:08 PM
1 mom liked this

Exactly.   I'm not a worry wart, but I must be getting older because this one scares the daylights out of me.

Quoting xomrs.chase:

LOL
bitter sweet

hwblyf
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 8:38 PM

Don't close your eyes, you need to know when to call 911!  :)

I have one of those, and I turn away a lot because I can't stand to watch what he can do.  :)

coala
by Silver Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 10:25 AM

So glad she is feeling super independent, but you have a ton more to worry about.  My 5 yo BROKE her bike on Sunday.  Seriously this kid had more power than that little 12 inch bike could handle.  I have to try and repair it.  If I can't I now have to spend nearly $100 on a bike for her for the next few years.  I got this one for her birthday...it was nearly new and I paid $15.

kmath
by Silver Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 10:51 AM

LOL, I know how that is!  Good luck now that she is off to such a great start.

oredeb
by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 11:11 AM

awwwww they grow up so fast!

KrissyKC
by Silver Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 4:15 PM

Try hitting the thrift stores.   The one's by us usually have bikes that just need a little TLC.    Sometimes people on Craigslist sell bikes, too.

Quoting coala:

So glad she is feeling super independent, but you have a ton more to worry about.  My 5 yo BROKE her bike on Sunday.  Seriously this kid had more power than that little 12 inch bike could handle.  I have to try and repair it.  If I can't I now have to spend nearly $100 on a bike for her for the next few years.  I got this one for her birthday...it was nearly new and I paid $15.

TidewaterClan
by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 5:21 PM
That was probably30 seconds worth of excitement and an hour's worth of anxiety! Congratulations and I hope she rides safe!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)