Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

anxiety......update!

Posted by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 12:09 PM
  • 21 Replies
2 moms liked this
Yesterday was rough, again :( i spent so much of the morning trying to put my curriculum together, so we started very late. My oldest had a meltdown again when i tol him to pick up his legos. I woke up.anxious and it stuck with me all day. Homeschooling and having my kids near me is what i wanted, looked forward to, this is not what i.pictured it to be. I want to be out, doing fied trip, park days....not stuck at home! Im so frustrated not having a car half of the time. Im frustrated that it takes so long to accomplish what needs to be done. I have a long list of things that need to be done, and it never happens! Im so frustrated with out teeny tiny home! My husband came home yesterday and i was still anxious. Finally we were able to watch a show and then he had to leave for a bday get together he forgot about. So i was up until almost 3 last night! Bad.choice! I dont get naps anymore. Now on top of my anxiety, possibly depression is my lack of sleep! Grrrrrrrr

Update!
I think i found what works. If we keep our school first thing in the morning than we are good. I also need to adjust our curriculum a bit.
by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 12:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mem82
by Platinum Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 12:46 PM
6 moms liked this
It sounds like you need to stop purposeful homeschooling and try to get your house in order and your kids in line. Even if you can't drive, I suggest taking a morning and afternoon walk with the kids. Put the Legos up. When he is ready to be a big boy he can have them back.
Try to Institute an hour of quiet so you can gather yourself each day. *hugs*
mem82
by Platinum Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 12:48 PM
1 mom liked this
Also, the kids might be going nuts being forced to be cooped up so close. Can they each take a turn alone outside, alone in their room, and alone at the table learning with you?
usmom3
by BJ on Oct. 10, 2013 at 12:56 PM
1 mom liked this

""HUGGGGGGGS""  Do you live in a state that is relaxed enough that you can take some time to work on family & personal relation ships instead of curriculem & school work for a few weeks or so? Building up the bond with your children & spouse can help make other things easyer & helps with communication!

Dawn07
by Bronze Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 2:18 PM
It sounds like you need a teacher day (or two) to regroup. I had to take a couple hours for myself several weeks ago. I felt like I was on the verge of a complete meltdown. After that I came back ready to handle everything again.
coala
by Silver Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 3:34 PM

You need a few days to gather yourself.  Take a deep breath and go take a bath...once the kids are in bed and relax.  Even a HOT shower alone is good.  Lie down with a good book and just relax.  It won't fix everything, but it give your brain a break.  If you get a chance ask hubby to take the kids out for awhile and just leave you be....this also helps be regain myself.  I am personally over stressed and it isn't anyone's fault.  I need a few hours ALONE and it isn't going to happen anytime soon.  I need to be able to clean without children underfoot and try to re-organize things.  It is super busy around my house right now.

Precious333
by Julia on Oct. 10, 2013 at 3:38 PM
Yeah, yesterday it was raining and the kids have colds, i ended up letting them.play outside anyways because they needed space and fresh air. I think a nice quiet walk daily could help everyone. The only problem is i probably should be taking it easier since i started bleedinf again.

Quoting mem82:

Also, the kids might be going nuts being forced to be cooped up so close. Can they each take a turn alone outside, alone in their room, and alone at the table learning with you?

Precious333
by Julia on Oct. 10, 2013 at 3:41 PM
You know, i think i can a little. We are apart og a charter so i do have yo answer to them woth school days and what we did that month, but maybe i need to keep it more simple and stress less than i have been. Math, reading and the rest are classes.

Quoting usmom3:

""HUGGGGGGGS""  Do you live in a state that is relaxed enough that you can take some time to work on family & personal relation ships instead of curriculem & school work for a few weeks or so? Building up the bond with your children & spouse can help make other things easyer & helps with communication!

Precious333
by Julia on Oct. 10, 2013 at 3:42 PM
Yeah, i may take a half day today. We are required to do 4 days atleast a week.

Quoting Dawn07:

It sounds like you need a teacher day (or two) to regroup. I had to take a couple hours for myself several weeks ago. I felt like I was on the verge of a complete meltdown. After that I came back ready to handle everything again.

Precious333
by Julia on Oct. 10, 2013 at 3:45 PM
I need to relax away from home. My house stresses me because its so far from being in order. I need to move :p

Quoting coala:

You need a few days to gather yourself.  Take a deep breath and go take a bath...once the kids are in bed and relax.  Even a HOT shower alone is good.  Lie down with a good book and just relax.  It won't fix everything, but it give your brain a break.  If you get a chance ask hubby to take the kids out for awhile and just leave you be....this also helps be regain myself.  I am personally over stressed and it isn't anyone's fault.  I need a few hours ALONE and it isn't going to happen anytime soon.  I need to be able to clean without children underfoot and try to re-organize things.  It is super busy around my house right now.

KrissyKC
by Silver Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 4:12 PM
2 moms liked this

The stress could be causing your bleeding.   You mention lists of stuff needing done and not getting done.

Maybe you are putting too much on your list.  (mental or physical lists, either one)   Maybe you need to stop your lists, or make new ones that are shorter.   Lists can help us see what we ARE accomplishing.   Maybe you need to make a list of what you are doing instead of what you aren't doing.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)