Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms
Yesterday was rough, again :( i spent so much of the morning trying to put my curriculum together, so we started very late. My oldest had a meltdown again when i tol him to pick up his legos. I woke up.anxious and it stuck with me all day. Homeschooling and having my kids near me is what i wanted, looked forward to, this is not what i.pictured it to be. I want to be out, doing fied trip, park days....not stuck at home! Im so frustrated not having a car half of the time. Im frustrated that it takes so long to accomplish what needs to be done. I have a long list of things that need to be done, and it never happens! Im so frustrated with out teeny tiny home! My husband came home yesterday and i was still anxious. Finally we were able to watch a show and then he had to leave for a bday get together he forgot about. So i was up until almost 3 last night! Bad.choice! I dont get naps anymore. Now on top of my anxiety, possibly depression is my lack of sleep! Grrrrrrrr

Update!
I think i found what works. If we keep our school first thing in the morning than we are good. I also need to adjust our curriculum a bit.
by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 12:09 PM
Replies (11-20):
Precious333
by Silver Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 4:20 PM
It's a mental list and its hard because they need to be done, like copy a check, desposite and send check.to chiropracter, and get baby's birth.certificate......

Quoting KrissyKC:

The stress could be causing your bleeding.   You mention lists of stuff needing done and not getting done.

Maybe you are putting too much on your list.  (mental or physical lists, either one)   Maybe you need to stop your lists, or make new ones that are shorter.   Lists can help us see what we ARE accomplishing.   Maybe you need to make a list of what you are doing instead of what you aren't doing.

TidewaterClan
by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 5:17 PM
I know you love your co-op, but could you take a break for awhile and just organize & teach without them? Plus save the money you would spend on it?
Precious333
by Silver Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 7:16 PM
Its the charter, not co-op. If i dont enroll i will have to return all my curriculum and either enroll in a private or fill out an alfidivit (sp?) . Our class that we take i am the director, and really the hardest part for that is done.

Quoting TidewaterClan:

I know you love your co-op, but could you take a break for awhile and just organize & teach without them? Plus save the money you would spend on it?

TidewaterClan
by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 9:26 PM
Rats. It seems like a great place, but sounds like it would be nice to take a two or so day break without having to justify it.

Quoting Precious333:

Its the charter, not co-op. If i dont enroll i will have to return all my curriculum and either enroll in a private or fill out an alfidivit (sp?) . Our class that we take i am the director, and really the hardest part for that is done.

Quoting TidewaterClan:

debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 9:42 PM

My oldest is part of a charter.  My 2nd k12 and my little ones are just regular homeschool.  Plus we do co-op.  Do to my anxiety I have only been schooling about 2 or 3 days a week. 

I am having the kids help with keeping up the house.  Plus I have the kids take a 2 hour reading or nap break at the same time.  If I am anxious that day I try to sit outside and read during that time.  I also send the kids out to play when they get restless when we are doing school. 

I would also like to start taking them on daily walks.

We are a family of 6 in a 3 bedroom so I understand having a really small house, plus the kids have a ton of animals. 

I am hoping since the kids are atleast spending the night with their aunt this weekend we can get the house done and spend lots of time just me and my husband so that my anxiety will go down.  Do you have anyone who can help you like that?

kirbymom
by Sonja on Oct. 10, 2013 at 9:55 PM
What you need to do is the bare minimum. Have your kids write some simple math problems with a few math spelling words and also have them do some see spot run reads type of reading one morning while you sleep/laze in for an extra hour one morning. You do need to slow down a bit. Your health and your baby's health are not worth the stress of getting some things done. Do what has to be done but not stuff that can be put off and not cause you any undue damage.
Sweety, I feel your pain. I was in a similar state 4 years ago and nearly put both mine and my sweetpea at risk because of guilty stress. I ended up looking a few people in the face and just telling them that mine and my baby's health were a bit more important. That kind of gave me some wiggly breathing room for a bit. Just what I needed too.
Hugggss!!
Precious333
by Silver Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 10:24 PM
Yes. I spent the day at my moms because i had a dental app. And had the car. It helped actually, even though i was still anxious. I.usually dont have a car that day though.

Quoting debramommyof4:

My oldest is part of a charter.  My 2nd k12 and my little ones are just regular homeschool.  Plus we do co-op.  Do to my anxiety I have only been schooling about 2 or 3 days a week. 

I am having the kids help with keeping up the house.  Plus I have the kids take a 2 hour reading or nap break at the same time.  If I am anxious that day I try to sit outside and read during that time.  I also send the kids out to play when they get restless when we are doing school. 

I would also like to start taking them on daily walks.

We are a family of 6 in a 3 bedroom so I understand having a really small house, plus the kids have a ton of animals. 

I am hoping since the kids are atleast spending the night with their aunt this weekend we can get the house done and spend lots of time just me and my husband so that my anxiety will go down.  Do you have anyone who can help you like that?

Precious333
by Silver Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 10:31 PM
1 mom liked this
I know!!! I keep getting in this stupid busy cycle!!!!

Quoting kirbymom:

What you need to do is the bare minimum. Have your kids write some simple math problems with a few math spelling words and also have them do some see spot run reads type of reading one morning while you sleep/laze in for an extra hour one morning. You do need to slow down a bit. Your health and your baby's health are not worth the stress of getting some things done. Do what has to be done but not stuff that can be put off and not cause you any undue damage.

Sweety, I feel your pain. I was in a similar state 4 years ago and nearly put both mine and my sweetpea at risk because of guilty stress. I ended up looking a few people in the face and just telling them that mine and my baby's health were a bit more important. That kind of gave me some wiggly breathing room for a bit. Just what I needed too.

Hugggss!!

coala
by Silver Member on Oct. 11, 2013 at 10:01 PM

I'm glad you found something to help control your anxiety a bit.  It can be very stressful.

hipmomto3
by Bronze Member on Oct. 11, 2013 at 10:29 PM
1 mom liked this

If I set up 'school' the night before, the morning goes so much better. If I don't, I'm trying to get everything ready and situated and it just gives the kids time to (a) kill each other, (b) terrorize the dog/house/each other, or (c) play together so sweetly and quietly I put off starting school until much, much too late! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)