Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

can YOU relate?

Posted by on Oct. 11, 2013 at 10:32 AM
  • 11 Replies
3 moms liked this

by on Oct. 11, 2013 at 10:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
akaM.O.M.
by on Oct. 11, 2013 at 10:56 AM

This is my life!! No matter how many times I tell them to do it themselves they still ask.. 

Leissaintexas
by Bronze Member on Oct. 11, 2013 at 11:06 AM

We really stress independence around here. I really did NOT want to be MY  mom. LOL, I put my mom through so much, and she totally catered to me in that respect! I really don't know how she did it, it would drive me nuts! My mom would hold my chewed gum in her hand until she found a trash can. Even then, I wondered how she stood it,lol.

KrissyKC
by Silver Member on Oct. 11, 2013 at 11:16 AM

I say, "nope, I don't do that."  ...  Usually, I don't...  however, if I'm honest with myself, there are times I let them get away with moves like that.

Example, I fed all the kids breakfast, later gave them a snack... now I'm finally hungry and I pull out myself a small snack.   I end up giving them EACH a bite and now the baby keeps duck-walking back over here getting more bites because of how cute he is when he just walks over and holds out his little hands...

Yeah, I'm a sucker for punnishment sometimes.

Pukalani79
by Kristin on Oct. 11, 2013 at 11:17 AM

Not so much now that they're getting older, but definitely when they were younger

coala
by Silver Member on Oct. 11, 2013 at 12:02 PM

I feel like that somedays.  I have raised my youngest to be super independent and my oldest was to independent because of how she was raised in her early years and we've had to reign her in, in many aspects.

jwhit8791
by Jessica on Oct. 11, 2013 at 12:36 PM

LOL, I am surprised that I have gained any weight at all with this pregnancy what with mooch #1 over here on the left and mooch #2 on the right.  They are horrible!  And I can give my daughter the exact same food but apparently mine tastes waaaayy better.  SMH

Quoting KrissyKC:

I say, "nope, I don't do that."  ...  Usually, I don't...  however, if I'm honest with myself, there are times I let them get away with moves like that.

Example, I fed all the kids breakfast, later gave them a snack... now I'm finally hungry and I pull out myself a small snack.   I end up giving them EACH a bite and now the baby keeps duck-walking back over here getting more bites because of how cute he is when he just walks over and holds out his little hands...

Yeah, I'm a sucker for punnishment sometimes.

usmom3
by BJ on Oct. 11, 2013 at 12:58 PM

Yep everyday!

kmath
by Silver Member on Oct. 11, 2013 at 1:02 PM

LOL, yep.

kirbymom
by Sonja on Oct. 11, 2013 at 1:04 PM
You been researching my family or something? LOL

Heck Yeah, I can relate. In a hu-mungo way no less! :)
bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Oct. 11, 2013 at 1:48 PM

The one with the pancakes...oh yeah!!!  The rest...very rarely.  My mother used to ask us if our legs were broken, and I've found myself saying exactly that when they try that crap with me. Yep, I've become my mother.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)