Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschoolers Youth Choir

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2013 at 1:25 AM
  • 6 Replies

For a couple of years now, I have wanted to start a youth choir for the homeschoolers in our area.  Now, I am by no means trained as a music teacher, although I can read music, have a good singing voice and a good ear for music.  I realize that does not make me necessarily qualified, but right now I'm what's available. If I can find someone who would be willing to do this, then I'd be glad to step aside. Anyway, yesterday I finally found a location. :)  My daughter's dance studio has an amazing space and during school hours, it is not being used most days.  The owner of the studio has offered to let me use the space for $10/week or whatever we can pay her to help cover the cost of the electricity/heat, etc. If I can get 10 kids that will work out to $1/child/week or $4/month/child.  I have six already signed up and I just sent out the flyers last night. I am so excited!! (Nervous but excited)

by on Oct. 12, 2013 at 1:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
hwblyf
by Bronze Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 6:45 AM

That's awesome!!!!

debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 7:51 AM
That is cool!
KrissyKC
by Silver Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 11:32 AM

Cool!   My kids are involved in choir.  It's big here now, though.    However, I'm sure it got it's start the same way you are.   Good luck, and have fun!   Don't forget that nursing homes are terrific places to "perform"...

Pukalani79
by Kristin on Oct. 12, 2013 at 10:42 PM

That's exactly what I was thinking! I want to do some classics like "Let Me Call You Sweetheart" at either a nursing home or the Senior Center for Valentine's Day, and then some patriotic songs at the VFW for Memorial Day

Quoting KrissyKC:

Don't forget that nursing homes are terrific places to "perform"...

amanda.lyn
by Member on Oct. 13, 2013 at 7:10 PM
Sounds like fun! Good luck!
kmath
by Silver Member on Oct. 13, 2013 at 7:12 PM

Awesome!  Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)