Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms
......The best laid plan

Are you still following the plans you started with when you decided to homeschool OR did those plans go by the wayside and you are now doing something different ?

undefined

by on Oct. 12, 2013 at 3:51 PM
Replies (21-25):
kirbymom
by Sonja on Oct. 14, 2013 at 3:50 PM
1 mom liked this
I have done the same things myself.

Quoting kmath:

We are chagning some things up as I learn what DS does and doesn't like, what battles I want to have with him and which ones aren't worth it and where his major interests lie.  We have changed up our schedule and gotten more structured and we are changing up Math completely. 

kirbymom
by Sonja on Oct. 14, 2013 at 4:43 PM
Yep. We change what needs to be changed when it is needed, as well.

I have reader that has been extremely difficult too! But it seems they are starting to finally click with reading now. I sure hope it lasts.

Quoting bluI erooffarm:

We change it up whenever we need to.  My middle has been difficult to teach to read!!  Seriously difficult!!!  So we change things up regularly and he's finally starting to read things (signs, decorations) outside the car as we drive!  So YAY, it's getting through.

BTW that is one of my favorite poems!!  I stitched it on a bookmark years ago!

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Oct. 14, 2013 at 5:01 PM
1 mom liked this

I hope it lasts too.  I think it will, he's gotten to see what it feels like to read for himself.

Quoting kirbymom:

Yep. We change what needs to be changed when it is needed, as well.

I have reader that has been extremely difficult too! But it seems they are starting to finally click with reading now. I sure hope it lasts.

Quoting bluI erooffarm:

We change it up whenever we need to.  My middle has been difficult to teach to read!!  Seriously difficult!!!  So we change things up regularly and he's finally starting to read things (signs, decorations) outside the car as we drive!  So YAY, it's getting through.

BTW that is one of my favorite poems!!  I stitched it on a bookmark years ago!

No_Difference
by Silver Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 10:31 AM
We've been sticking to it fairly well. We've dropped a few "fluff" subjects that aren't required (like heatlh...our day was just too long doing it) There has been a few times we've had to shuffle the schedule around, but otherwise we've even been able to stick to that this year!!!
kirbymom
by Sonja on Oct. 15, 2013 at 10:47 AM
That's great that you are able to stick to what you planned for the most part!

Quoting No_Difference:

We've been sticking to it fairly well. We've dropped a few "fluff" subjects that aren't required (like heatlh...our day was just too long doing it)
There has been a few times we've had to shuffle the schedule around, but otherwise we've even been able to stick to that this year!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)