Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Has anyone used A.C.E. Math curriculum?

Posted by on Oct. 14, 2013 at 5:21 PM
  • 6 Replies
Thoughts please !
by on Oct. 14, 2013 at 5:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
kirbymom
by Sonja on Oct. 14, 2013 at 7:40 PM
I used it when I went to a church school. It was okay. Are you thinking about using it?
QueenCreole313
by on Oct. 14, 2013 at 7:45 PM

Yes. Im researching it. I want a more mastery based approach for my son. I switched it up and used Horizons this year. I am buying a Lifepac. I read they are different. What do you use?

KrissyKC
by Silver Member on Oct. 14, 2013 at 7:50 PM

Lifepac didn't do much for my kids.   It was just a colorful workbook with more fill in the blanks than anything.   They did the work, did well enough, but felt like they weren't learning.

Quoting QueenCreole313:

Yes. Im researching it. I want a more mastery based approach for my son. I switched it up and used Horizons this year. I am buying a Lifepac. I read they are different. What do you use?

QueenCreole313
by on Oct. 14, 2013 at 8:24 PM

Anyone use Spectrum workbooks?

amanda.lyn
by Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 7:44 AM
1 mom liked this
We used ACE for two years, 2nds and 3rd. I like the program, but we hated the math. It was to dull and repetitive.My kiddo pitched a fit every day. It was like pulling teeth. At the time we were in a correspondence school and had to do every single problem. It would have been better if we could have just moved on once he had mastered a concept. Good luck finding the right fit for you! :-)
kirbymom
by Sonja on Oct. 15, 2013 at 10:39 AM
Quoting QueenCreole313:

Yes. Im researching it. I want a more mastery based approach for my son. I switched it up and used Horizons this year. I am buying a Lifepac. I read they are different. What do you use?<
/span>

Actually, for my own homeschooling I write all of my own curriculum. I find I can tailor the kids' schooling so much better than trying to do that with someone else's curriculum.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)