Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Don't you get tired of being your kids?

Posted by on Oct. 15, 2013 at 10:57 AM
  • 21 Replies
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

I can't tell how many times I have seen this statement online. Trust me we all have our moments but our time together is precious. I am sitting here with my son alone together and enjoying our time together. When moments get rough remember the good times. They only come once. Have a great day! What are your favorite moments together.
by on Oct. 15, 2013 at 10:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tiredmomfor2
by **Lyndsay** on Oct. 15, 2013 at 11:05 AM
2 moms liked this
So true! It breaks my heart when people say they can't stand to spend time with their kids.
sure a break is nice, but to not want to hang with them...sad.
I'm out running errands this morning without them, and I honestly miss them. Lol How weird am I?
jen2150
by Silver Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 11:38 AM
Not weird at all. I feel the same way especially as they have Grown older.

Quoting tiredmomfor2:

So true! It breaks my heart when people say they can't stand to spend time with their kids.

sure a break is nice, but to not want to hang with them...sad.

I'm out running errands this morning without them, and I honestly miss them. Lol How weird am I?

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 11:40 AM
1 mom liked this

This morning I got "stuck" on reading with the kids.  They kept bringing me stories to read.  When all was said and done, we had read 14 stories together.  We were supposed to do so many other lessons, but we were having so much fun.  I feel sad for people who don't like to spend "too much" time with their kids.  My kids have such wonderful personalities, such amazing senses of humor.  I love spending time with them!

Pukalani79
by Kristin on Oct. 15, 2013 at 11:44 AM
2 moms liked this

I agree.  It makes me sad to see parents counting down the days until their kids go back to school or until the weekends are over.  I love having my kids home, and watching their personalities develop.  It's like a front row seat to an amazing show

jen2150
by Silver Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 11:45 AM
1 mom liked this
Our reading times are my favorite. I have read till my voice gave out.

Quoting bluerooffarm:

This morning I got "stuck" on reading with the kids.  They kept bringing me stories to read.  When all was said and done, we had read 14 stories together.  We were supposed to do so many other lessons, but we were having so much fun.  I feel sad for people who don't like to spend "too much" time with their kids.  My kids have such wonderful personalities, such amazing senses of humor.  I love spending time with them!

Bluecalm
by Bronze Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 11:48 AM
2 moms liked this

Even when I was working, I was always in a rush to go pick them up. One of my coworkers used to leave her kids in childcare each day as long as she could. She said she needed "me" time. I just couldn't relate to that.

Being with my kids all the time gives me so much more insight into their personalities that I didn't know when I was just with them in the evenings.

kmath
by Silver Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 11:55 AM
1 mom liked this

I love spending the time with my son.  We have so much fun together.  I miss him when he is gone. 

Bleacheddecay
by Bronze Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 11:55 AM

I always have enjoyed being with my kids. I don't understand parents who do not.

kirbymom
by Sonja on Oct. 15, 2013 at 12:41 PM
Lol - You should be around our family! We have sone of the most interesting conversations together! Why just yesterday and today we are talking about Confucious and Nieztchie and today we are talking about the weather patterns and whuch way it comes from. lol
I love it!
tiredmomfor2
by **Lyndsay** on Oct. 15, 2013 at 12:47 PM
Me too!

Quoting jen2150:

Our reading times are my favorite. I have read till my voice gave out.

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)