Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Don't you get tired of being your kids?

Posted by   + Show Post

Mobile Photo

I can't tell how many times I have seen this statement online. Trust me we all have our moments but our time together is precious. I am sitting here with my son alone together and enjoying our time together. When moments get rough remember the good times. They only come once. Have a great day! What are your favorite moments together.
by on Oct. 15, 2013 at 10:57 AM
Replies (11-20):
ablackdolphin
by Bronze Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 12:49 PM
1 mom liked this
Only when I am sick lol
coala
by Silver Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 1:41 PM
1 mom liked this

I enjoy spending time with my kiddos, but I certainly enjoy the break once in awhile.  I got 2 hours alone last week thanks to a friend who was willing to let my girls come play for a bit.  You know what I did?  I went grcoery shopping ALONE!!  It was an amazing trip as well as quiet and weird.  I wasn't yelling at anyone to keep their hands to themselves nor did I have anyone to read my grocery list for me or ingredients on packages.  It was strange.  I also missed them even though I was enjoying a few hours to myself.

usmom3
by BJ on Oct. 15, 2013 at 1:43 PM
1 mom liked this

I try to always remember that life is short & that my children childhood will not be forever!

Mweddle
by Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 2:01 PM

That makes me sad.  People are always so glad when summer ends and when my kids have to go back to ps it makes me want to cry.  I love being with them.  (I am currently only hsing one.)

ETA: I enjoy a break too but what I mean is people who always complain about their kids being around. :(

TidewaterClan
by on Oct. 15, 2013 at 2:08 PM
1 mom liked this

This is our first year homeschooling and I am enjoying it so much more than the time they were in public school.  Now I get to see the excitement each time they understand something, and feel their pride when they do well.  I wouldn't trade it for the world.

SuperMommy408
by Tamara on Oct. 15, 2013 at 4:18 PM
I love being with my girls!!
tuffymama
by Bronze Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 8:34 PM
LO is high impact and I get TIRED, but I don't get tired OF HIM. My mother relished, relied on, and longed for our weekends with my dad, and we felt that keenly. It was not uncommon for us to go five or six days without really seeing her. My grandmother admitted to me not too long ago that she HATED being tied to the house with her kids (my dad and his sibs), but they never knew it, because she didn't let on. It's all about attitude.
Motherhood involves a lot of sacrifice. For me, the anxiety over what I do and don't know about public school is a far greater energy suck than homeschooling. And judging by my photo stream, I'd be missing a lot of golden moments if I sent LO away every day.
RheaF
by Member on Oct. 16, 2013 at 10:03 AM
I enjoy my kids, but I will openly admit that I do get burnt out. There are times when I think....hmmm, public school would be so much easier! While I never tell my children I am tired of them, I do understand what PS Moms are saying. (ETA....i don't get tired of my kids, I just need a break from them) I do look forward to summer camp just as much as my kids do.
KrissyKC
by Silver Member on Oct. 16, 2013 at 10:53 AM
1 mom liked this

I get tired, I admit it.   Sometimes short tempered and I eye that school bus that goes by thinking how nice it would be just once in a while to be able to send them off for a bit.

Partly, I would have more to give to the younger set when the older set is in class.   I think my baby would be able to sit down and enjoy more board books instead of sitting on my lap screaming over not being able to flip the Anatomy pages while I'm reading them aloud.

Partly, my house would be neater and cleaner... instead of cleaning BETWEEN all of our projects and events and studies....instead of cleaning the same spot on the floor six times in a row because of playdoh, art projects, painting, science slime, lunch, snack, etc... and it is dirty again...

Partly, I would get to relax during baby's nap.   I mean, don't they tell new moms to sleep when the baby sleeps?   What do you do when it's the BEST time to teach science without baby getting in the way?   I really miss having naptime to chill and do something I want to do.

I think I would read a book... wow.. and actually finish it.

I might take up painting...or finally WRITE a book...

but...

I wouldn't have these beautiful creatures in my life as much as they are.   I wouldn't see them learn, experience, grow...   I would miss the together moments and I would PROBABLY have kids that are possibly stressed out and they probably wouldn't be as close with eachother (or us)..   

All in all, I want my kids with me.  I just wish that the school would do the occasional all-day field trip like, "Bring a homeschooler to school day" or something.  LOL!

SMTCMMoore
by Melissa on Oct. 16, 2013 at 11:44 AM
I enjoy my kids. Even on bad days. I debated PS vs HS for this our first year of kinder. I'm glad I kept him. Even if trying to homeschool with a newborn has me frazzled.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)