Piggy and Froggy Banks
*Thanks to Tae for sharing this idea with us!*Piggy and Froggy BanksMaterials:
* empty baby formula containers (label peeled off) or coffee cans
* tissue paper (pink or green)
* water and white glue mixture
(1 part water to 3 parts glue)
* styrofoam balls
* googly eyes
* black mini pom pom
* clear paper
* egg carton cup
* hot glue ** Requires adult help/supervision,
* pink cardboard or foam sheets
* tear tissue paper into squares.
* brush the tissue onto the container using the glue/water mixture.
* brush on three layers and allow to dry in between (a warmed oven turned off helps speed the process)
* use felt for the tongue, eyelashes and flowers on the frog and styrofoam balls with googly eyes for the frog's bulging eyes.
* black mini pom pom with clear paper wings finished off the fly on the frogs tongue
* for the pig snout we paper mached tissue on egg carton cups which were hot glued on.
* Painted cardboard or pink foam sheets for the ears and tail.
*Virtually any animal could be made, use your imagination and odds and ends from home.*
on Oct. 15, 2013 at 1:52 PM