Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms
Piggy and Froggy Banks
*Thanks to Tae for sharing this idea with us!*Piggy and Froggy BanksMaterials:
* empty baby formula containers (label peeled off) or coffee cans
* tissue paper (pink or green)
* brush
* water and white glue mixture
(1 part water to 3 parts glue)

*Frog:*
* felt
* styrofoam balls
* googly eyes
* black mini pom pom
* clear paper

*Pig:*
* egg carton cup
* hot glue  ** Requires adult help/supervision,
* pink cardboard or foam sheets

Instructions:
* tear tissue paper into squares.

* brush the tissue onto the container using the glue/water mixture.

* brush on three layers and allow to dry in between (a warmed oven turned off helps speed the process)

*Frog:*
* use felt for the tongue, eyelashes and flowers on the frog and styrofoam balls with googly eyes for the frog's bulging eyes.

* black mini pom pom with clear paper wings finished off the fly on the frogs tongue

*Pig:*
* for the pig snout we paper mached tissue on egg carton cups which were hot glued on.

* Painted cardboard or pink foam sheets for the ears and tail.

*Virtually any animal could be made, use your imagination and odds and ends from home.*

undefined

by on Oct. 15, 2013 at 1:52 PM
Replies (11-16):
No_Difference
by Silver Member on Oct. 16, 2013 at 8:54 PM
1 mom liked this

It should be soon, theoretically.Next month we have nothing scheduled. This last weekend, Hubby had a shooting competition with the Lost Brigade (btw – any one who knows wounded veterans should tell them about the competition, it is amazing for the Vet and the family!), and during the meet and greet dinner, the Colonel came up and asked if I had a job…and you don’t lie to a colonel, so I told him technically no, and he set me up with a job offer to someone else who was local and hiring… So I might be working soon now. We’ll see how it all goes. I just hope Hubby is going to be up to the challenge of doing school with the kids on days I might be working. I’m more than a little nervous about it lol

Quoting kirbymom:

Aww - hope things get more on an even keel for you soon!

Quoting No_Difference:

Those sound soo cute! With how busy this month has been, I'm leaving all projects in the hands of 4H and Girl Scouts. Maybe next month when I don't feel like collapsing at the sound of grading I'll put in more projects lol

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

paganbaby
by Silver Member on Oct. 17, 2013 at 12:13 PM

Sounds fun!

kirbymom
by Sonja on Oct. 17, 2013 at 2:53 PM
Wow. That is amazing. Hope everything works out the way you want!

Quoting No_Difference:

It should be soon, theoretically.Next month we have nothing scheduled. This last weekend, Hubby had a shooting competition with the Lost Brigade (btw – any one who knows wounded veterans should tell them about the competition, it is amazing for the Vet and the family!), and during the meet and greet dinner, the Colonel came up and asked if I had a job…and you don’t lie to a colonel, so I told him technically no, and he set me up with a job offer to someone else who was local and hiring… So I might be working soon now. We’ll see how it all goes. I just hope Hubby is going to be up to the challenge of doing school with the kids on days I might be working. I’m more than a little nervous about it lol

Quoting kirbymom:Aww - hope things get more on an even keel for you soon!
Quoting No_Difference:

Those sound soo cute! With how busy this month has been, I'm leaving all projects in the hands of 4H and Girl Scouts. Maybe next month when I don't feel like collapsing at the sound of grading I'll put in more projects lol

kirbymom
by Sonja on Oct. 17, 2013 at 2:56 PM
1 mom liked this
Thanks!

Quoting paganbaby:

Sounds fun!

No_Difference
by Silver Member on Oct. 17, 2013 at 8:45 PM

Thank you. The whole weekend was amazing, this was icing on the cake lol. I'm a little worried though. I sent her an email once we had gotten back, but I haven't heard anything back. I might be over thinking it though. Part of me really wants it, and then there is that nagging part telling me I won't get to see my kids as often, and Hubby will have to step up and do things and I'll actually  have to trust he'd do them, and then I don't want to hear back from her lol.

Quoting kirbymom:

Wow. That is amazing. Hope everything works out the way you want!

Quoting No_Difference:

Quoting No_Difference:

kirbymom
by Sonja on Oct. 17, 2013 at 9:01 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol - I feel your pain. Whatever happens, you'll breathe a sigh of relief that it's over.

Quoting No_Difference:

Thank you. The whole weekend was amazing, this was icing on the cake lol. I'm a little worried though. I sent her an email once we had gotten back, but I haven't heard anything back. I might be over thinking it though. Part of me really wants it, and then there is that nagging part telling me I won't get to see my kids as often, and Hubby will have to step up and do things and I'll actually  have to trust he'd do them, and then I don't want to hear back from her lol.

Quoting kirbymom:Wow. That is amazing. Hope everything works out the way you want!
Quoting No_Difference:

Quoting No_Difference:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)