Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

we had a quick lesson about blood today

Posted by   + Show Post
Brayden loves to dance... especially to the "work your body" song on Sid the Science kid.Today.... he was jumping and dancing on the couch. I heard a large BASH and I knew he hit the back of the couch...I hugged him, and he cried. Then i felt something on my arm.

I never thought I'd hope for boogers as much as i did in that moment.I looked.

Not boogers.

I couldn't tell if the blood was coming from his mouth, nose, or both. I rushed him to the kitchen (better light) and cleaned up the blood so I could see where it was coming from. No cuts were visible, but his nose was swollen. The bleeding stopped very quickly.I tried to put ice on his nose and he refused. "No mama. Cold. Better. All done!"

Then he looked at the bloody paper towels with confusion. I quickly explained blood. He seemed interested so we looked at the veins in our wrists and felt our heartbeats.He then said "sorry self" and went back to play

*sigh*
Life of a mom.... i seem more upset than he did lol! 
by on Oct. 16, 2013 at 8:27 AM
Replies (11-15):
kirbymom
by Sonja on Oct. 16, 2013 at 7:30 PM
1 mom liked this
I bet. Mine does the same thing. I think kids wear their bumps and bruised like a badge of honor. : )

Quoting xomrs.chase:

Thanks!
I've calmed down.

He was all excited to show dada his veins when he got home lol

Quoting kirbymom:Aww - hope both of you feel better. Mom's usually are more upset than the kids anyway. Just apart of parenting.

paganbaby
by Silver Member on Oct. 17, 2013 at 12:12 PM

How old is he? And sorry but that

Not boogers.
Made me laugh! I've so been there,lol. But good job mama for keeping a cool head and turning it into a lesson!

xomrs.chase
by Member on Oct. 17, 2013 at 12:30 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol humor helps my anxiety :)

He's 22mo

Quoting paganbaby:

How old is he? And sorry but that

Not boogers.
Made me laugh! I've so been there,lol. But good job mama for keeping a cool head and turning it into a lesson!

debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Oct. 17, 2013 at 12:38 PM
1 mom liked this

That is scary.  Glad he was ok.  And hey he learned something cool.

ablackdolphin
by Bronze Member on Oct. 17, 2013 at 2:11 PM
1 mom liked this

Ugh, it's traumatic isn't it.  I hate it when stuff like that happens.  Poor little guy!!! It makes you shake every time you see them on the couch for a bit after that.  My guy fell off the couch last night too, head planted onto the ground.  Cried for a long time but fine. 

I was worried again this am when he slept until 11!  He's fine but I'm still shaken!

Hugs!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)