Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This year is going to be tough

Posted by on Oct. 17, 2013 at 9:11 AM
  • 11 Replies

I'm thinking about using Easy peasy and then other free things on top of that if needed such as lesson pathways, a web site that has flash cards, and magic school bus. I may also pick up a few work books to have on hand just in case. 

Wish us luck. This is going to be rough.

by on Oct. 17, 2013 at 9:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jwhit8791
by Jessica on Oct. 17, 2013 at 9:32 AM

Can you share what the website is with the flash cards please?  My son is doing well in math except for those (he freaks out for some reason) and I am looking for an alternative so he has an easier time.

TIA

Codysmom2106
by Member on Oct. 17, 2013 at 9:37 AM

I found this through some homeschool posts I was reading. I am really new to this. This is going to be our first year. So I don't know if these are any good.

i am mobile so I apologize if it's not clicky:

http://www.freeworldu.org

Quoting jwhit8791:

Can you share what the website is with the flash cards please?  My son is doing well in math except for those (he freaks out for some reason) and I am looking for an alternative so he has an easier time.

TIA

jwhit8791
by Jessica on Oct. 17, 2013 at 9:39 AM

Thanks, I will check it out.  We are in our third year but this is my first year with 2 and I am about to have another baby so  this year will be rocky for us also.  It will all work out.  What age is your kiddo?

Quoting Codysmom2106:

I found this through some homeschool posts I was reading. I am really new to this. This is going to be our first year. So I don't know if these are any good.

Quoting jwhit8791:

TIA

Codysmom2106
by Member on Oct. 17, 2013 at 10:07 AM

He is 7 1/2 in second grade. He has adhd and cmt1a. 

Congratulations on your new baby :)

Quoting jwhit8791:

Thanks, I will check it out.  We are in our third year but this is my first year with 2 and I am about to have another baby so  this year will be rocky for us also.  It will all work out.  What age is your kiddo?

Quoting Codysmom2106:

Quoting jwhit8791:

TIA

jwhit8791
by Jessica on Oct. 17, 2013 at 10:12 AM

Thanks! And good luck with your son.  I am sure that it will work out and you will find a groove that works for you both.  It takes time at first but it's totally worth it.

Quoting Codysmom2106:

He is 7 1/2 in second grade. He has adhd and cmt1a. 

Congratulations on your new baby :)

Quoting jwhit8791:

Quoting Codysmom2106:

Quoting jwhit8791:

TIA

debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Oct. 17, 2013 at 11:24 AM
If you are worried about memorization you can try extramath.org. The website makes it fun.

Quoting jwhit8791:

Quoting Codysmom2106:

Quoting jwhit8791:

TIA

paganbaby
by Silver Member on Oct. 17, 2013 at 11:36 AM

Good luck!

I'm going free this year too. For my 8yo ds, we're using sentence.co.uk (grammar) Creative writing (combines writing skills and spelling) reading books, math work books (lots of practice on the white board) and library/netflix for science. The only thing we paid for was a couple books on Greek myths for history.

Codysmom2106
by Member on Oct. 17, 2013 at 11:42 AM
1 mom liked this

Thank you ! And thank you for sharing what you are doing. I appreciate that. 

Quoting paganbaby:

Good luck!

I'm going free this year too. For my 8yo ds, we're using sentence.co.uk (grammar) Creative writing (combines writing skills and spelling) reading books, math work books (lots of practice on the white board) and library/netflix for science. The only thing we paid for was a couple books on Greek myths for history.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Oct. 18, 2013 at 7:52 AM
That sounds like a great plan! Don't worry if things take a while to shake out.
KrissyKC
by Silver Member on Oct. 18, 2013 at 10:53 AM

google search "free online flash cards"   there are a couple sites.   We haven't used them in a bit, so I forget.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)