Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms
Ran out of ideas?!

Has this ever happened to your child(ren) ir you?
What do you do when your child(ren) run out of ideas!?
What do u do when u run out of ideas?

What are some tips, tricks and or places you know of?

undefined

by on Oct. 19, 2013 at 3:31 PM
Replies (11-20):
jen2150
by Silver Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 5:54 PM
1 mom liked this
I just had a nice nap. It slept quite well. If it was really active I have no memory of it. LOL
Quoting kirbymom:

Sounds like your brain never sleeps! :)

Quoting jen2150:

My children never run out of ideas.  They are like a white hole.  Things are constantly spilling out.  I am an idea person.  I get my ideas from the internet, watching my children, curriculum that I purchase, reading and out of my own imagination.  i have yet to run out.  Coming up with new ideas is my favorite part of homeschooling.  What next unusual object can I use for school?  

kirbymom
by Sonja on Oct. 20, 2013 at 7:30 PM
hahaha - and a great sense of humor too, I see. :)

Quoting jen2150:

I just had a nice nap. It slept quite well. If it was really active I have no memory of it. LOL

Quoting kirbymom:Sounds like your brain never sleeps! :)

Quoting jen2150:

My children never run out of ideas.  They are like a white hole.  Things are constantly spilling out.  I am an idea person.  I get my ideas from the internet, watching my children, curriculum that I purchase, reading and out of my own imagination.  i have yet to run out.  Coming up with new ideas is my favorite part of homeschooling.  What next unusual object can I use for school?  

jen2150
by Silver Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 8:13 PM
1 mom liked this
yes, and I torment my children often with it. My husband was very serious when we met and now he is worse than me. He says that I corrupted him.
Quoting kirbymom:

hahaha - and a great sense of humor too, I see. :)

Quoting jen2150:

Quoting jen2150:

kirbymom
by Sonja on Oct. 20, 2013 at 8:25 PM
1 mom liked this
Hahahaha - That is how we are too. :)
With me and hubby, I was the serious one and hubby is the funny one.
I was the one who was corrupted. lol

Quoting jen2150:

yes, and I torment my children often with it. My husband was very serious when we met and now he is worse than me. He says that I corrupted him.

Quoting kirbymom:hahaha - and a great sense of humor too, I see. :)

Quoting jen2150:I just had a nice nap. It slept quite well. If it was really active I have no memory of it. LOL

Quoting jen2150:

KrissyKC
by Silver Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 9:21 AM
1 mom liked this

Well, because of my own challenges (severe adult ADHD and more) I rely on curriculum.   The curriculum we buy keeps up moving and keeps the "topics" generated.    Although, we add (or remove) stuff all the time.

However, for extra ideas, we hit the library, zoo, museums, science centers, etc...  Sometimes, for ideas in writing, I just encourage them to go outside and imagine their "story" for a bit in the fresh air.   It usually does "freshen" up their ideas.

We have a ton of books, too, we've learned that picture books can spark ideas for their writing, crafts, and topics as well.   

They also have church, clubs, and activities... these give us plenty of things to do and topics.   

What we have to work on is giving ourselves more down time.  

kirbymom
by Sonja on Oct. 21, 2013 at 10:52 AM
Lots of ideas there. :)

Quoting KrissyKC:

Well, because of my own challenges (severe adult ADHD and more) I rely on curriculum.   The curriculum we buy keeps up moving and keeps the "topics" generated.    Although, we add (or remove) stuff all the time.

However, for extra ideas, we hit the library, zoo, museums, science centers, etc...  Sometimes, for ideas in writing, I just encourage them to go outside and imagine their "story" for a bit in the fresh air.   It usually does "freshen" up their ideas.

We have a ton of books, too, we've learned that picture books can spark ideas for their writing, crafts, and topics as well.   

They also have church, clubs, and activities... these give us plenty of things to do and topics.   

What we have to work on is giving ourselves more down time.  

usmom3
by BJ on Oct. 21, 2013 at 12:02 PM
1 mom liked this

We usually stumble upon new things to do or try with out really looking for them.

kirbymom
by Sonja on Oct. 21, 2013 at 12:10 PM
That happens with us too just not as often as I would like though. lol

Quoting usmom3:

We usually stumble upon new things to do or try with out really looking for them.

usmom3
by BJ on Oct. 21, 2013 at 12:49 PM
1 mom liked this

I have a lot of homeschool/unschooling pages on Facebook that I fallow & we get a lot of ideas from them!

Quoting kirbymom:

That happens with us too just not as often as I would like though. lol

Quoting usmom3:

oredeb
by on Oct. 21, 2013 at 2:00 PM
1 mom liked this

when i run out of ideas

talk to other hsers, friends, dh, kids, look on internet, check out books from library(lots of ideas there!) type out on post on here!

when kids run out of ideas, we all get together and start brainstorming together, that helps alot! also talk to other people,

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)