Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

A new week! What is going on in your household?

Posted by   + Show Post
What is going down in your neck of the woods?
by on Oct. 20, 2013 at 8:27 PM
Replies (11-20):
No_Difference
by Silver Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 10:22 AM

I thought a not so busy week...but I was wrong lol
Girl Scouts today, ...something on Wed but I forgot what...game night on Thursday, and an informal CoOp for current events on Friday. We have to have to have to finish the front garden before it gets too cold, and clean up the back yard...and transplant the pumpkin that is growing in a planter box outside of a window on the second story before it falls over.
I hope that is all we have lol I do want to try and hit up the orchard and start getting some yummy apple deserts going :)

TatyBear
by on Oct. 21, 2013 at 10:27 AM
Not much.

Just finishing up Christmas shopping this week (maybe) lol I always end up finding more stuff to buy. Lol

And house hunting.

I moved in with my mom when she had her knee surgery about 18 months ago, so now I'm looking for a new place, since she is doing okay. Although having them replaced soon, she is going to go stay with her mom or her sister instead. Lol

That's about it. Lol
tonyanamelia
by Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 11:12 AM

I have to clean up today for my sister coming. She is staying at my house while she looks for housing in my area so she can be here near family while her husband is deployed. We are also waiting on the word of a new job that will actually move us away (which I am bummed about!). My daughter wants to make cupcakes for this week's homeschool meeting. And I am already exhausted and it's only monday...

usmom3
by BJ on Oct. 21, 2013 at 12:01 PM

My children are working on making their own board game.

kmath
by Silver Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 12:36 PM

We are back to our normal schedule finally.  It has been slow going today, because we are both getting back into the grove of things.  Hopefully we will get through it all though.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 12:48 PM

I'm almost half way done for the kids...almost! LOL I love finding good deals.

Quoting TatyBear:

Not much.

Just finishing up Christmas shopping this week (maybe) lol I always end up finding more stuff to buy. Lol

And house hunting.

I moved in with my mom when she had her knee surgery about 18 months ago, so now I'm looking for a new place, since she is doing okay. Although having them replaced soon, she is going to go stay with her mom or her sister instead. Lol

That's about it. Lol

mem82
by Platinum Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 12:49 PM

That sounds super stressful!

Quoting tonyanamelia:

I have to clean up today for my sister coming. She is staying at my house while she looks for housing in my area so she can be here near family while her husband is deployed. We are also waiting on the word of a new job that will actually move us away (which I am bummed about!). My daughter wants to make cupcakes for this week's homeschool meeting. And I am already exhausted and it's only monday...

oredeb
by on Oct. 21, 2013 at 2:01 PM

lots of unpacking, canning, schooling,

Britty1987
by Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 2:48 PM
I must confess... I didn't make any lesson plans for the week because we thought I may have to be induced today lol..... soooo when we got back from the drs office I made Aidan start his spelling while I made some quick plans lol. Found out that I'm dilated to 3 and very thinned out though so who knows what will happen. Last week we only did spelling so I could get the house in order lol...
debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 7:34 PM

We switched chores on our chore chart this morning.  We are starting to learn about the human body.  Friday we are going bowling with some friends that are moving away.  Oh and school tomorrow for my 6 year old and co-op on Thursday.  But those are regularly scheduled events. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)