Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

A new week! What is going on in your household?

Posted by   + Show Post
What is going down in your neck of the woods?
by on Oct. 20, 2013 at 8:27 PM
Replies (41-50):
mem82
by Platinum Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 9:46 PM

That sounds nice!

Quoting SMTCMMoore:

My in laws are takin the kids for a train ride to Seattle on Thurs so only a 3 day week. And a 4 day weekend for mom!

mem82
by Platinum Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 9:47 PM

Have fun at your US. Is it 3d?

Quoting jwhit8791:

We have co-op this morning (may be our last for a while) and I have an ultrasound/appt on Thursday for baby girl.  Other than that, same old...same old.  School the other days and trying to get the house cleaned up for before Natalie makes the scene. 

mem82
by Platinum Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 9:48 PM

I have to say, you have some of the best field trips where you are at. LOL I would despise living in NYC for everything except the great field trips!!!

Quoting NYCitymomx3:

We're half way through Tom Sawyer, will hopefully finish the old math book and start the new one, and just conitnue with the next sections of history, geography, and science.  

Plus the usual muay thai boxing (3 days), parkour, scouts, and religion class.

The field trip this week will be to the Body Worlds exhibit in Times Square. 

mem82
by Platinum Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 9:49 PM

Mmmm making any apple butter?

Quoting MammaG08:

Pretty typical week over here...4 days of hs with library storytime today, gym tomorrow, running club wednesday, and co-op on Friday.   Probably going to be canning more applesauce this week too....the apples are still coming in!  :-)

debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 9:54 PM

This is what I did.  Mine does not look as good but this is where I go the idea.  We also use a dry erase board to keep up with points and rewards for each child.

http://www.howdoesshe.com/chore-chart-for-multiple-children/

Quoting mem82:

I need to get an actual chore chart going to give my kids some independence.

Quoting debramommyof4:

We switched chores on our chore chart this morning.  We are starting to learn about the human body.  Friday we are going bowling with some friends that are moving away.  Oh and school tomorrow for my 6 year old and co-op on Thursday.  But those are regularly scheduled events. 

Britty1987
by Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 11:17 PM
Ooooh thanks :)

Quoting mem82:

Sending labor dust your way! baby dust

Quoting Britty1987:

We only did math, spelling, and Bible today. Tomorrow is Bible study at church so we won't do much after that anyway. This will definitely be an easy week (but shhhhh don't tell his dad haha)

Quoting debramommyof4:

If you are not expecting it it can be hard to get in the mood.  LOL!  I would just take it easy and watch fun educational stuff.

Quoting Britty1987:

We're very excited... but its harvest time here and so we're all on pins and needles. I'm glad that I didn't have to be induced... but now neither one of us really wants to do school :)

Quoting debramommyof4:

Fingers crossed for you.  That is an exciting, frustrating time.

Quoting Britty1987:

I must confess... I didn't make any lesson plans for the week because we thought I may have to be induced today lol..... soooo when we got back from the drs office I made Aidan start his spelling while I made some quick plans lol. Found out that I'm dilated to 3 and very thinned out though so who knows what will happen. Last week we only did spelling so I could get the house in order lol...

SMTCMMoore
by Melissa on Oct. 21, 2013 at 11:19 PM
I'm excited but using the 2 days to work on silly things like cleaning out my filing cabinet and filing stuff, I haven't done it in almost 2 years....yikes

Quoting mem82:

That sounds nice!

Quoting SMTCMMoore:

My in laws are takin the kids for a train ride to Seattle on Thurs so only a 3 day week. And a 4 day weekend for mom!

SarahNElijah
by Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 11:32 PM
We are doing a unit study on Native Americans before we leave on our trip to Virginia in two weeks, where we will go visit Jamestown, Colonial Williamsburg, etc (and family :)).. We were supposed to have a fieldtrip to the art museum this week, but the car has been acting up, and refusing to get fixed, so we may have to miss it. :-(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NYCitymomx3
by Bronze Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 2:32 AM

Why would you "despise" living in NYC?

Quoting mem82:

I have to say, you have some of the best field trips where you are at. LOL I would despise living in NYC for everything except the great field trips!!!

Quoting NYCitymomx3:

We're half way through Tom Sawyer, will hopefully finish the old math book and start the new one, and just conitnue with the next sections of history, geography, and science.  

Plus the usual muay thai boxing (3 days), parkour, scouts, and religion class.

The field trip this week will be to the Body Worlds exhibit in Times Square. 

jwhit8791
by Jessica on Oct. 22, 2013 at 6:23 AM

Nope, just a old regular one.  Apparently because I have gotten so old.....they want to check to see how she is doing (weight, fluid, etc.)  I still like to see her though and I guess in a few weeks she will be 3d enough as is.  :)

Quoting mem82:

Have fun at your US. Is it 3d?

Quoting jwhit8791:

We have co-op this morning (may be our last for a while) and I have an ultrasound/appt on Thursday for baby girl.  Other than that, same old...same old.  School the other days and trying to get the house cleaned up for before Natalie makes the scene. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)