Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

New here and need advice......

Posted by on Oct. 21, 2013 at 9:12 PM
  • 6 Replies

So we have 3 young boys. They are 7,almost 5, and almost 2. We are seriously thinking about homeschooling our kids starting next year and I need some advice. My husband works on the road as a welder and we never get to see him. We are thinking that if we homeschool we will get to be with him all the time. I need ideas an tips on what kind of programs you all use and how you are it work. We would be starting 2nd grade and kindergarten. Thanks in advance.

by on Oct. 21, 2013 at 9:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
usmom3
by BJ on Oct. 21, 2013 at 9:21 PM

Welcome to the group! You should totally take advantage of all the opportunity's that you will get to see places & do things traveling that you would not get to do other wise. Look into deschooling for you & your son that has attended school, also learn what their learning styles are it will help with picking material that will work for them.

Mommyofpkl
by on Oct. 21, 2013 at 9:26 PM

Thank you so much. I am def going to look into that. :)

romacox
by Silver Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 8:03 AM

As a home school workshop leader, I put together the following web page to help. How To Home School

Note:  Even though you might be traveling our of the state, you will need to go by the home school laws where your residency is. 

mem82
by Platinum Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 8:16 AM
Welcome! I would suggest looking at programs that are easily portable. Don't pick ones that need a lot of preparation or a printer. Lol How far does he travel?
kirbymom
by Sonja on Oct. 22, 2013 at 10:57 AM
Hi! Welcome! :)

I used to homeschool on the road with our three oldest. It was fantastic! I was able to write their whole curriculum. I utilized everything! Just remember, you have been teaching them their whole lives! This is not that much different. And No, you will Not ruin them. You haven't so far. And you won't now either. Your love for them will keep them and guide them where they should go.
Go for it!
Mommyofpkl
by on Oct. 22, 2013 at 11:50 AM

Thank y'all so much for the help. Mem82 we live in Oklahoma and he I usually working in California. :( 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN