Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

What is your take on nutrition?

Posted by   + Show Post

I have noticed a lot since I started homeschooling my daughter over the past 2 years. When my daughter was in school I had her eating "healthy" and her last year changed her diet into veg diet. I read studies that said it was the best diet and the healthiest as possible. 

When we started really homeschooling her diet changed, became more relax. Now she is striving in every way, her lessons and her activity level. She was always active but now it seems to be on a different level. She is also picking up her lessons a lot quicker. 

I wanted to know if anyone else has notice any type of change. I would think other homeschoolers like ourselves would noticed this kind of difference. 

Below is a link that leads to a book called Food Ninjas. Its a great book and I believe it explains a lot. I really wanted to know. I am trying to show my friend whose children goes to school who are on a "healthy" diet, that maybe it does make a difference. That a combination of things tribute to educating our children. 

http://www.amazon.com/Food-Ninjas-Eating-Machines-ebook/dp/B00FNXK8SS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1382404980&sr=8-1&keywords=food+ninjas+how+to+raise+kids+to+be+lean+mean+eating+machines

by on Oct. 22, 2013 at 1:02 AM
Replies (11-11):
badaskmom
by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 12:33 PM

I truly believe if kids are given the choice to eat whatever they want they will make the healthier choice. Take my daughter for example, now my daughter can have anything she wants and she is homeschooled. We went into Publix and went past the Bakery. The bakery lady offered her a cookie and she said "no I want a banana." When she did that she had just turned 6 years old!! She still does it. She loves halloween not for the candy, but she can dress up. 

I believe if we allow our kids to eat whatever they want they truly will make the right choice on there own. I believe children want it more when they are told its bad and they can't have it. When your parents told you couldn't have something or it was bad did that change your mind? 

I also believe homeschooler parents have a better look at our children. We spend more time with them and know how important it is let them be independent. When we give them lessons we know lessons go better around how they learn not how we want it to go. Speaking of which have any of you guys read unconditional parenting? It is so good. 

Wow all these books are such homeschooling books. One on nutrition and other on parenting. Anyone else have books like like?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)