Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Better today!

Posted by on Oct. 22, 2013 at 10:54 AM
  • 5 Replies
3 moms liked this
Thanks for all your advice about my 6 year old fighting work. I didn't even do the schedule today which was actually his speech therapist's idea. I got out his 3 letter word puzzles this morning and he's been happily working away. He pointed to the word "car " and asked why he can only hear the "r" sound and not the "a" so we had a good discussion about r controlled words.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 22, 2013 at 10:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
KrissyKC
by Silver Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 11:08 AM
awesome! Great to hear he is plugging in and you are starting to find your groove!
kirbymom
by Sonja on Oct. 22, 2013 at 11:08 AM
That is fantastic! Great job mama. Keep up the good work. :)
usmom3
by BJ on Oct. 22, 2013 at 12:32 PM

So happy for you that it is better today!

kmath
by Silver Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 12:33 PM

So glad that it is going more smoothly!

Bluecalm
by Bronze Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 6:56 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting KrissyKC:

awesome! Great to hear he is plugging in and you are starting to find your groove!

This is more what I was doing before, but then I felt like I wasn't doing enough so I started doing more traditional stuff which obviously wasn't working for us. I think I listened too much to the opinions of people who don't even hs and it makes me feel I'm doing things wrong. He did the puzzle,read a Dr. Seuss book to me, then 20 minutes of Reading Eggs,a hidden picture color sheet for math, made acorn shakers (his idea) and then made different rhythms while he skip counted. He also played outside and visited a friend. I think it was a pretty satisfactory day.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)